Two boys ages 9 (Jose Padilla) and 7 (Remigio Baca) set out on a search to find a cow that was calving. After locating the cow, which was fine and nursing her healthy newborn, they sat down to a small lunch when they noticed smoke coming from a draw. They headed toward it, and as they topped a rise saw a gouge in the earth and circular object at the end of it. Reme said, “It was the color of the old pot my mother was always trying to shine up, a dull metallic color.” Moving closer, they found intense heat from the wreckage which had ignited the greasewood nearby.
They retreated from the heat to wait for it to diminish.
Around the periphery they picked up a piece of thin, shiny material which was folded up and lodged underneath a rock. It was reminiscent of the purported Roswell material, which had a memory. That is Reme said: When I freed it, it unfolded all by itself. I refolded it, and it spread itself out again.”
They worked their way back to the wreckage. As they approached they saw entities inside under stress. Jose said: “They were running back and forth looking desperate. They were like children. They didn’t have hair.” Frightened, they quickly left the scene and told Jose’s father about the crash. Two days later a state policeman friend and Jose’s dad went to the crash site. The crashed UAO was there without entities.
Subsequently, the military began to remove the wreckage, while Jose and Reme spied on them with binoculars. This took a number of weeks. At one time the site was unguarded for a short time. The two boys took advantage of this, and went inside the craft. There was a piece protruding from the inside wall, and the boys used a crowbar to break it loose. They hid the piece under the house by burying it. They did not tell Jose’s father. The military did ask the father if he knew about the missing piece which he did not.
The metal piece had been in Reme’s possession for many of the 70 years since, and a year ago Reme gave it to Jose who has kept it hidden at his home in San Antonio, NM. Two samplings of it were submitted to Frontier Analysis for analysis. The object is to see if there are any anomalies which could be related to an extraterrestrial craft. Anomalies would be an alloy composition unknown on earth and elements that have different isotopic ratios then their terrestrial counterparts.
- The two metal samples have identical compositions. They are aluminum primarily alloyed to copper and silicon. Small amounts of other elements are present.
This composition is known and compares with cast aluminum in the 3XX.X series (possibilities: 301, 302, 308, 318, 319, 320, 328 322) and the 2XX.X series (possibilities: 208, 222, 238, 296).
- These alloys have a wide variety of uses. Some include: engine crankcases, gas and oil tanks, engine oil pans, typewriter frames, and engine parts.
- Isotopic ratios determined for nickel, copper and zinc compare to terrestrial values.
- Even though the isotopic ratios are terrestrial, an extraterrestrial source for the metals is not ruled out. Following are reasons that they are normal values.
- The aliens may be time travelers. So if they are from Earth’s future, their craft are “Earth-made” and there would be no isotopic differences.
- The aliens may have bases on Earth and construct their craft from materials found on Earth.
- The physical processes involved in the formation of elements in other worldly solar systems may be exactly the same as in our solar system. So the isotopic ratios of the elements would be the same.
- Finally, the metals could be from ‘our’ craft.
- The metal pieces were coated with environmental debris (dirt). Sample 1 had humate (organic soil component) with smaller amounts of minerals such as silicate and calcium carbonate (calcite) on its surface. Sample 2 also had typical dirt components on its surface, i.e. humate, calcium carbonate (calcite) and silicate mineral. In addition, there was a mineral resembling sanidine.
- The purposes of the metal pieces are unknown. Sample 1 is reminiscent of a fastener. The coarseness of a grooved surface on this piece indicates very fine machining was not required.
Special Thanks & CreditsThe Black Vault works with many organizations and other agencies around the world to archive information - most of which has an agreed permission to repost material on this archive, despite existing copyrights. In addition to this collaboration, some material may be copyrighted, but direct authorization to re-use this material is not always obtained, and may need additional permission to re-use. Please see the copyright notice below regarding 'fair use', and contact the appropriate copyright holder for reprint and republish permissions. If you feel your copyright ownership is violated, please contact me immediately and let me know. All known and available information about this case (if any) is as follows:
Originating Organization: Phyllis Budinger