A A A
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I finished my 100-page UFO ID document.
sp_Related Related Tags
May 30, 2020
9:02 pm
Guy
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 124
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been working on my UFO ID document for almost this entire month, and finally today I reached a version that I thought was good enough to post. You can find it here...

http://ge.tt/9bXY3933

...with file name...

UFOs_ufo-types.pdf

It's exactly 100 pages long, in PDF format. 13 of those pages are references. I'm big on references. Smile

I was motivated to create this document out of frustration since nothing like it seemed to exist, so I could never get a good, quick overview for what types of UFOs existed, or how many of them. After I started the document, however, I did find a MUFON database and some other databases and a summary page of shapes, which initially made me feel I was duplicating earlier work until I realized that databases are not easy to browse, and do not contain generalizations, stories, or references, so my document filled a niche of a quick ID document. I also belatedly realized that the number of UFO types was huge, at least in the hundreds, probably more like the thousands, which also discouraged me. However, some types are seen much more often than others, so I focused more on those types, which statistically should have increased the usefulness of the document.

I expect to be updating this document indefinitely, although infrequently, so if you find mistakes, or if you think of things to be added or changed, or if you find mistakes, please let me know.

My plan is to do a similar document for types of aliens, but I'm pretty burned out on this big project for the time being. Still, if anyone wants to suggest an alien to add, or wants to submit a painting or drawing of an alien for which no drawing yet exists, please send that to me. I would like to include Taeko's new alien names, too, so if you're an artist maybe you can contact her and get a detailed description from her to draw/paint. If you submit artwork and want to be credited in the document for it, I would be happy to do that.

Unlike UFOs, I expect the alien document to be much smaller, like 80-90 types, most without pictures. I figure that each alien species uses several types of craft, so there should be many fewer types of aliens than types of craft. One issue that might arise is whether I should include "interdimensional" beings, which are sometimes called aliens but are more like the beings encountered on DMT trips: jesters, tricksters, clockwork elves, and so on. Tentatively I plan to leave those out.

May 31, 2020
12:40 am
Jorgen
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 27

Guy said
I've been working on my UFO ID document for almost this entire month, and finally today I reached a version that I thought was good enough to post.

Thank you, very interesting. Smile

Guy said
I'm big on references. Smile

References are great! Laugh

May 31, 2020
2:15 pm
Guy
Members
Level 0

It seems the ge-tt site is not working at the moment. I am unable to download any files or to look at a preview of any of the files. It shows that about 30 downloads have been done, however, and I am way under my space limit, so I don't know what to think. Maybe an undisclosed maximum number of files that can be downloaded per day? My search for an alternative free site today was fruitless. If this isn't resolved within a day I'll try some other option, like a pay site.

Thanks for your interest. I even did a few updates of that UFO document today (minor corrections, and another page added.)

June 1, 2020
8:39 pm
Guy
Members
Level 0

This is about my 5th attempt to use a free file-sharing site that actually works. Let's see if this document is downloadable...

https://www.4shared.com/office.....types.html

Yes! I was able to access the above file at that URL and to download it. Below is the more general link for my shared files. Let's hope these don't start acting up as they did on ge.tt after people start downloading them...

https://www.4shared.com/folder.....nline.html

July 31, 2020
12:15 am
broker
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 3

This is good to see that you have completed the writing work with the entire documentation.Most of the people love to complete the writing work which through the top5writingservices.com/is-edubirdie-legit-and-safe-to-use site option which provides the writing options content for many students.

July 31, 2020
12:17 am
Hans
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 1

broker said
This is good to see that you have completed the writing work with the entire documentation.Most of the people love to complete the writing work which through the top5writingservices.com/is-edubirdie-legit-and-safe-to-use site option which provides the writing options content for many students.

I had been waiting for something like that from a pretty long time

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 341
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 46
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
greeney2: 10399
bionic: 9871
Lashmar: 5290
tigger: 4577
rath: 4298
DIss0n80r: 4162
sandra: 3859
frrostedman: 3816
Wing-Zero: 3279
Tairaa: 2843
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2
Members: 25738
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 31
Topics: 9852
Newest Members:
Steve Johnson, Elisabeth, Diamond7474, Nathan Gamer, Zack myhre, foopalooter, Calvinist, ilawodnon, sparking, emanuel Foldstein
Administrators: John Greenewald: 693, blackvault: 1777