Pirates | Page 4 | The War on Terrorism Homeland Security | Forum

A A A
Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pirates
Avatar
Cole_Trickle
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2731
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
31
April 16, 2009 - 5:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

These are the normal ebbs and flows of the great propaganda machine. Try not to do any extra work for these people or their Ilk. The fault always lies with someone else, does it not?

Is that why they didn't kill the Captain and make an example of him? They just wanted to send a message. Well if that's the case they should have stowed those weapons!

Cole

Avatar
Dark-Samus
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2495
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
32
April 17, 2009 - 10:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can we at-least be reasonably compassionate as a nation for once?

I think that´s one of the biggest problems the US has right now.

Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...

Avatar
Aquarian
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 780
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
33
April 17, 2009 - 4:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.

The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Avatar
Cole_Trickle
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2731
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
34
April 17, 2009 - 5:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Aquarian" wrote: Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.

You're not serious! Are you delusional? Why not wave the white flag and release the Captain? Your line of thought here is ridiculous. I side with the Shooters on this one because it's cut and dried.

Cole

Avatar
Aquarian
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 780
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
35
April 17, 2009 - 5:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

We don't need to address this issue anymore militaristically as we have already. This issue demands a redress of obvious grievances from a highly impoverished nation with a wartorn history and current drought/refugee crisis.

The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Avatar
Cole_Trickle
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2731
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
36
April 17, 2009 - 5:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Aquarian" wrote: Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

We don't need to address this issue anymore militaristically as we have already. This issue demands a redress of obvious grievances from a highly impoverished nation with a wartorn history and current drought/refugee crisis.

Why are they not taking the diplomatic approach then! I'm telling you 16-19 year olds can kill as easily as 25 or 45 year old seasoned mercenaries. WTF. Your point, albeit well founded, falls on it's face when they have ak-47's pointed at your skull.

Where the hell is Jaack when I need him? Laugh

Cole

Avatar
Jaack
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 226
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
37
April 17, 2009 - 9:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Aquarian" wrote: Cole, these pirates were around the ages of 16-19; teenagers for goodness sake. The use of weapons was clearly for theater and coercion...I don't recall any incident involving any Somalian pirates actually killing hostages.

Yess here it is. LOL

What?

Avatar
Jaack
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 226
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
38
April 17, 2009 - 10:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Aquarian" wrote: Did you also take into consideration the reasons WHY they are engaging in piracy? Or do you think this just came out of a black hole or a general LIKE to do such things?

We don't need to address this issue anymore militaristically as we have already. This issue demands a redress of obvious grievances from a highly impoverished nation with a wartorn history and current drought/refugee crisis.

Here ya go, go whine about it here.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=304

What?

Avatar
Aquarian
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 780
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
39
April 17, 2009 - 11:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jaack, if only your sarcasm was not really sarcasm in that thread.

Cole, I also think it is perhaps a reflection of the desperateness of their situation. It is a well-established fact that extreme distress that a nation like Somalia is experiencing breeds violence and misery. Diplomacy, perhaps an attractive option to us, is something that has not been considered by these individuals mainly because they are being reactionary and that is something we must be cognizant of. But I do understand what you mean with the AK-47s, coercion, etc. Instead of being reactionary ourselves though we should be more proactively rational.

The Few assume to be the deputies, but they are often only the despoilers of the Many.
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Avatar
jwebb
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 216
Member Since:
April 18, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
40
April 18, 2009 - 9:23 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

"Dark-Samus" wrote:

Can we at-least be reasonably compassionate as a nation for once?

I think that´s one of the biggest problems the US has right now.

Yes it is..

By the way what happened to all the old members?

There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny - they should be setting the example of transparency.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 288
Currently Online:
51
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
greeney2: 10322
bionic: 9871
Lashmar: 5290
tigger: 4577
rath: 4298
DIss0n80r: 4162
sandra: 3859
frrostedman: 3816
Wing-Zero: 3279
Tairaa: 2843
Newest Members:
hellova
William
161pell
Nate
Levi Morgan
joe bag o doughnuts
Ballbon
emoji
L Stone
Jessica
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 31
Topics: 9308
Posts: 124815

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2
Members: 25068
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Administrators: John Greenewald, blackvault