"FoxNews" wrote:Smoke forces evacuation of White House press room
WASHINGTON – Reporters and photographers were evacuated briefly from the West Wing of the White House early Saturday because of smoke from an overheated transformer in a mechanical room.
U.S. Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said that at about 7 a.m., smoke was seen coming from a mechanical room closet on the first floor.
"Early this morning, an electrical transformer near the West Wing malfunctioned and set off a smoke alarm in the West Wing," a White House official said in a statement.
"The transformer problem was quickly resolved. Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal," the statement said.
Keep Reading: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05 ... z2SzsBy5fr
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator