Is God Real or Not? | Page 5 | Religion Spirituality | Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Is God Real or Not?
July 18, 2009
2:55 pm
Avatar
Dark-Samus
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2494
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have.

Stangely enough I agree with that part.

I don´t think Evolution is comparable to Creationism.

It´s not really the same thing.

The Big Bang theroy should take it´s place.

Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...

July 18, 2009
5:25 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10275
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Why isn;t the big bang and evolution all the ways of creation?

July 18, 2009
7:07 pm
Avatar
Dark-Samus
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2494
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Because no one has proven neither side.

And if science proves that there are many universes out there.
Then sorry but the God theory gets erased in a second.
And no religions can´t say, "but that´s what we meant all along!"

If they do, bucnh of hypocritical morons.

Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...

July 19, 2009
2:23 am
Avatar
qmark
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1110
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Dark-Samus" wrote: Because no one has proven neither side.

And if science proves that there are many universes out there.
Then sorry but the God theory gets erased in a second.
And no religions can´t say, "but that´s what we meant all along!"

If they do, bucnh of hypocritical morons.

Why?

July 19, 2009
9:20 am
Avatar
Lucifer
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 173
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Here are some theosophical writings. Theosophy is literally the "wisdom of god". I believe the capacity for intelligence and a conscious capacity to facilitate understanding, compassion, love and other states of the conscious mind have allowed us a state upon which to comprehend an understanding of the nature of things and that driving force of nature. I believe that this is much like talking to God, which provides for an evolutionary state of being which encompasses both the physical and spiritual exsistence.

"Isis Unveiled wrote: Between these two conflicting Titans — Science and Theology — is a bewildered public losing all belief in man’s personal immortality, in deity of any kind, and rapidly descending to the level of a mere animal existence. Such is the picture of the hour, illumined by the bright noon-day sun of this Christian and scientific era!
Isis Unveiled 1, x

An understanding and wisdom of the divine nature of God has been understood through religious principles and virtues of the nature of God.

"The Key to Theosophy (London wrote: Esoteric Buddhism is pure€ly Theosophical and has no real connection with the historical religion founded by Lord Gautama Siddhartha, beyond the fact that the term Budha or Vidya is wisdom, divine knowledge, while Buddha means the personal acquisition of that knowledge, and therefore he who embodies that wisdom; Madame Blavatsky commented that it ‘was an excellent work with a very unfortunate title’ (The Secret Doctrine 1, xvii-xviii). However, like the traditional Buddhism, Theosophy is largely unconcerned with Deity, positing an impersonal Absolute:

[quote="The Key to Theosophy (London: Theosophical Publishing Co., 1889)":15f9zbnu]Our DEITY. . . is everywhere, in every atom of the visible as of the invisible Cosmos, in, over, and around every invisible atom and divisible molecule; for IT is the mysterious power of evolution and involution, the omnipresent, omnipotent, and even omniscient creative potentiality’ which does not think, ‘for the simple reason that it is Absolute Thought itself. Nor does it exist, for the same reason, as it is absolute existence, and Be-ness, not a Being. . . . It is a sphere, without circumference, in its symbolism, which has but one ever-acting attribute embracing all other existing or thinkable attributes — ITSELF’
(The Key to Theosophy 64-65)

Conversely, man is not only a God, but God, since ‘the inner man is the only God we can have cognizance of. . . . Grant us our postulate that God is a universally diffused, infinite principle, and how can man alone escape being soaked through by, and in, the Deity?’ so that prayer, such as it is Theosophically, is the manifestation of ‘Will-Power’ and should be addressed to the upper triad within, the ‘Higher Spiritual Ego [Human Soul/Manas] immersed in Atma-Buddhic light’ while ‘crushing out the desires of the lower personal ego or physical man’, the Vehicle of Will or Animal Soul (The Key to Theosophy 67-68).

In certain theosophical circles there are principles which are inherent in hinduism and buddist beliefs which provide an understanding of the concept of the human soul and its immortal nature and its relationship with the divine nature of God.

The lowest of the principles is the Physical Body (Sthula Rupa), which is probably the only incontrovertible element of the system but is sometimes excluded as irrelevant to spiritual aspirants.

The next two principles vary in order, but are intimately linked:

the Life principle (Prana or Jiva) and
its Vehicle, the Etheric Double (Linga Sharira) which corresponds very closely to the Physical Body, since Life is tied to the Physical. The Etheric Double is supposedly manifest at a subtle level of matter, though the degree of subtlety varies according to the authority.
The fourth principle is of central importance and position, the Kama, the ‘passional and emotional part of our nature’ (SPM 1), ‘often translated 'Body of Desire,' . . . . A closer translation . . . would, perhaps, be 'Vehicle of Will' but the name . . . Animal Soul, may be more accurately suggestive still’ (Esoteric Budhism, 28-29).
The fifth principle is Manas, a Sanskrit word cognate with the Latin ‘mens’ or English ‘mind’ and with equally broad application, while the associated word, Manu, means ‘thinking, wise, intelligent’ and by extension ‘man, mankind’. Besant states that the principle is best translated as ‘Thinker’ since it is regarded as the distinguishing Human Soul, the individuating principle or will (SPM 29).
The sixth principle of Buddhi, ‘intelligence’ or ‘intellect’, is interpreted as the Spiritual Soul, and is regarded as usually unrealised in current man; it acts as the vehicle for
the seventh principle, Atman, which is the spark of impersonal divinity that is the fundamental selfhood of all beings, and also unrealised in all but a handful of people.

Similar beliefs are naturally inherent within the spiritual fabric of humankind and the soul is the gateway to such wisdom and knowledge. So its not so much the question of God not being real or not but rather do you believe.

Lucifer~>

July 20, 2009
1:45 am
Avatar
beachcomber
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 110
Member Since:
April 13, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Living Inside a Mega Brain

By Jay Alfred

Metaphysicists identify the records imprinted on the zero point field as the "Akashic records". This forms the "memory" of the universal brain-mind or computer.

According to metaphysicist, Charles Leadbeater, if the observer is not focusing on them, the records simply form the background to whatever is going on. Under such conditions they merely reflect the mental activity of a greater consciousness on a far higher plane which is accessible to us. We are in a sense living in this much larger brain. This suggests that all human beings (and other life-forms) can and do use the shared (information processing) services of a "universal brain".

Observing the dynamic and visual Akashic records would be like watching the larger brain's movie from a distance.

As you move closer and focus on what is going on in a particular scene, you are immediately in the scene, surrounded by all the characters.

The characters of course cannot see you. Neither can you change anything in the scene. In this way, a person can time travel as an observer, without violating causality. What you see is sometimes in the past and sometimes in the future. The rate at which "the story unfolds" can be altered. Genuine psychics and most people during near-death experiences have access to these records.

Leadbeater warns that the Akashic records must not be confused with mere man-made thought-forms, which exist in abundance in the higher energy planes or spheres. It is possible that if the right brain is not shielded effectively from the usually dominant left brain (the "theory maker") many errors will arise when reading the records.

http://imaginativeworlds.com/f...../index.php

July 20, 2009
9:30 pm
Avatar
starman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 40
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"greeney2" wrote:

It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world. Is God real or not? Let the evidence speak for itself.

If you are so secure in your belief, why are you so intent on not allowing others to dwell on a so called "false belief and fantasy world" as you put it, and believing there is an after life and God after we are done on this earth?

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have. Evolution tell you Heaven or Hell doesn't exist? Evolution proves some things, but is has not answered many questions, has it? Evolution doesn't disprove anything, concerning a God or afterlife.

The bible only tells that God created the Heavens and Earth, but doesn't tell how or doesn't tell what a day was to God. OUr concept of time is a day is one revolution of the earth, and a year is the earth taking 365 days to circle the Sun. But that didn't exist in he beginning, so we don't even know what "time" was or is to God, we only know "time" as it relates to our Earths orbit. Evolution has not answered why we are made up from the same basic elements thruout the Universe, or why the Universe extents to infinity. What purpose is there to an endless universe and if we ever find the end to it, what is just past the end? Evolution is one theory, but in the big picutre of the Universe it is information off a grain of sand in comparison, and maybe enough for you to assume there is no God, and no Afterlife, but not to billions of others on the Earth, who have similar beliefs through many many religions.

When I think you are smarter than God, I'll tell myself I'm in a fantasy world, while you dwell on trying to proove what we all will find out somday when we die. People like you are full of advise for everyone else, and always seem to be intent on putting a cloud over a way of life you can;t relate to.

Are you that sure of your belief, you are willing to risk anothers sole into following you, and forsaking God in his/her present belief? Thats a sad statement about you if you would.

I don't think pursuading people to become atheists is very admirable, when if you are wrong, who's work have you accomplished? Who do you think you are to reduce the religions of the world to a false belief and fantasy world because you read something in Popular mechanics. 🙄

If you are so secure in your belief, why are you so intent on not allowing others to dwell on a so called "false belief and fantasy world" as you put it, and believing there is an after life and God after we are done on this earth?

It's obvious you haven't got a clue as to the intent of my post. How can anyone not allow someone to believe in something. Religions do that. But I am fully aware of your intent here. Accusations, innuendos, and personal attacks.

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have. Evolution tell you Heaven or Hell doesn't exist? Evolution proves some things, but is has not answered many questions, has it? Evolution doesn't disprove anything, concerning a God or afterlife.

The bible only tells that God created the Heavens and Earth, but doesn't tell how or doesn't tell what a day was to God.

The theory of evolution belongs to Darwin, not me. The scientific evidence for the theory of evolution is overwhelming, therefore, I accept it as truth. Evolution has proven that the story of creation in Genesis is false. Before science discovered how our universe and the earth were formed, the earth was six thousand years old and created by God in six days. The story does explain how God created the heavens and the earth. Trying to make the creation story in Genesis fit into what science has revealed about the beginning of the universe is a typical Christian creationist response.

People like you are full of advise for everyone else, and always seem to be intent on putting a cloud over a way of life you can;t relate to.

I don't give advice unless I'm asked for advice. There's nothing in my post advising anyone to do anything. That statement is unfounded and a personal attack from you.

Are you that sure of your belief, you are willing to risk anothers sole into following you, and forsaking God in his/her present belief? Thats a sad statement about you if you would.

The only thing I'm sure of in regards to my post is the scientific proof of evolution. I'm not asking or implying that anyone follow me. The only thing about your statement is how ridiculous it is.

I don't think pursuading people to become atheists is very admirable, when if you are wrong, who's work have you accomplished? Who do you think you are to reduce the religions of the world to a false belief and fantasy world because you read something in Popular mechanics.

Who's persuading people to become atheists? People make their own decisions about what to believe in or not. Don't speak to me about what is admirable. Who do you think you are? I've dealt with condescending and mean spirited people like you my entire life. I didn't just get off the boat.

“It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” ~ Carl Sagan...Popular Mechanics, I don't think so.

a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues

July 20, 2009
9:41 pm
Avatar
starman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 40
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Lucifer" wrote:

Similar beliefs are naturally inherent within the spiritual fabric of humankind and the soul is the gateway to such wisdom and knowledge. So its not so much the question of God not being real or not but rather do you believe.

I can agree with that statement. My post is directed towards the creation God of the bible. Is He/She real or not. It is my opinion that the God of the bible is a false God, not real.

a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues

July 21, 2009
3:48 am
Avatar
MonarchSmile
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1592
Member Since:
April 26, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"starman" wrote: [quote="Lucifer"]

Similar beliefs are naturally inherent within the spiritual fabric of humankind and the soul is the gateway to such wisdom and knowledge. So its not so much the question of God not being real or not but rather do you believe.

I can agree with that statement. My post is directed towards the creation God of the bible. Is He/She real or not. It is my opinion that the God of the bible is a false God, not real.

Bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqC73omSk4o

😀

July 21, 2009
3:53 am
Avatar
fortwynt
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1034
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I believe the God who created the universe is indeed real...although I believe that writings about this concept are flawed, and even when they are close to the reality, man has a distinct way of completely and utterly mischaracterizing and interpreting.

I feel like this (to quote a wise man):

"I never really hated one True God, but the God of the people I hated".

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
40 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10275

bionic: 9870

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Tairaa: 2842

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 24650

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 31

Topics: 8962

Posts: 124099

Newest Members:

Noctus, PRE-KNOWLEDGE 9/11- AMERICAFIRSTBILL.COM, Deezie, eureka50, wtpooh, Spud Murphy, CARSON, Sassy971, jacksdoc17, Deryk

Administrators: John Greenewald: 632, blackvault: 1776