Is God Real or Not? | Page 4 | Religion Spirituality | Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Is God Real or Not?
July 1, 2012
1:35 am
Avatar
DIss0n80r
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4161
Member Since:
April 20, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
158sp_Permalink sp_Print

"humphreys" wrote: Group hug? :think:

I'll go get the baby oil.

:dance:

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort

July 1, 2012
2:01 am
Avatar
at1with0
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 9243
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
159sp_Permalink sp_Print

"humphreys" wrote: Group hug? :think:

I'll go get the baby oil.

Motor oil.

"it is easy to grow crazy"

July 1, 2012
4:00 am
Avatar
frrostedman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 3815
Member Since:
September 4, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
160sp_Permalink sp_Print

"humphreys" wrote: Group hug? :think:

I'll go get the baby oil.

I'll bring my Twister game.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein

July 1, 2012
4:43 am
Avatar
SmokinJoe
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 365
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Greeney -
And the clear overall message is that all the Bible is false to Atheists, and therefore God is a Myth, God does not exist, and its all a Fairytale.

Greeney,

Yes. That is a fair assessment. But, I'd say it is to be expected. The Bible itself says to let those with ears, hear, and with eyes, see. It just isn't meant to be understood in a material world/logical sense. That is by design. If we had all the answers and could point to proof, it would void out the need for faith. It comes down to a choice:

Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

BTW, the Bible says that the church of God resides within each of us. To live your life following the spiritual God does not in any way mean you have to do what other religious leaders "men" say you must do to please God. They haven't a clue.

There is no man made building that any human being has authority within their walls to claim any kind of 'final say' on the Word of God. If you believe that, then you skip over the parts of the Bible that tells you your journey is one between yourself and God. NO man can come between that. No matter how hard they try.

Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.

July 1, 2012
5:24 am
Avatar
at1with0
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 9243
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
162sp_Permalink sp_Print

"SmokinJoe" wrote: Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

I did and it wasn't the Christian God. Indeed, I wish there were a reliable manual on God.

"it is easy to grow crazy"

July 1, 2012
6:59 am
Avatar
DIss0n80r
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 4161
Member Since:
April 20, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
163sp_Permalink sp_Print

Me too.

"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort

July 1, 2012
6:50 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10275
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
164sp_Permalink sp_Print

"SmokinJoe" wrote:

Greeney -
And the clear overall message is that all the Bible is false to Atheists, and therefore God is a Myth, God does not exist, and its all a Fairytale.

Greeney,

Yes. That is a fair assessment. But, I'd say it is to be expected. The Bible itself says to let those with ears, hear, and with eyes, see. It just isn't meant to be understood in a material world/logical sense. That is by design. If we had all the answers and could point to proof, it would void out the need for faith. It comes down to a choice:

Do you want to find out if there really is a God or not? I mean, a serious devotion to seeking out that existence, not one strictly coming from a curiosity to quench a questioning mind. But, one of which you would be willing to accept the answer, change your life, and leave the lifestyle you were living, behind?

BTW, the Bible says that the church of God resides within each of us. To live your life following the spiritual God does not in any way mean you have to do what other religious leaders "men" say you must do to please God. They haven't a clue.

There is no man made building that any human being has authority within their walls to claim any kind of 'final say' on the Word of God. If you believe that, then you skip over the parts of the Bible that tells you your journey is one between yourself and God. NO man can come between that. No matter how hard they try.

Yes Joe it is expected, and we all have a standard of proof that has different thresholds in all of us. For an Atheist, nothing short of a scientific revelation is the standard, for others counting blessings is enough. Some are just raised one way, others not raised in a enviorment of Faith. Some never find God, some find God in their darkest hour, and some never need a dark hour at all. I also fully agree about the building, feeling closer to God out in Nature, or any number of places, or surroundings.

You mentioned one word that isn't used much in these conversations, the word Spirtual. Following a Spiritual God, and being a spritual person to me is more common than we think, never walking into a church building. Seeing, hearing, and feeling Gods spritual presense from a flower pedal, to a giant Sequoia, our own children being born, just further supports a Faith based belief. Explaining all these things away as just a empty scientific process, or biological happening with no meaning, all just logical, is pretty bleek to me. Startreks Spock was totally logical, totally scientific in mindset, void of all emotion and feelings, absolutly no spirituality. I was in a place Friday, a building, and as I sat inside thinking and looking at the beams, it seems that the spirit of God, if in any building, may have been in this one. We went to the old San Fernando Mission, one of California's many missions, which all were on a route from Baja to San Francisco. They date back to the 1700s, and were a blend of the Catholic Fathers, mexican people, and Native Americans. The missions seems to radiate a kind of spirituality, of the people and times, where the spirit of living life was simple, Faith was a part of life, and that spirit can be felt when you visit these missions. These were not crystal catherdrals, they were handmade adobe with spanish tiles. All answers to lifes questions are not always found in science books.

July 17, 2009
12:42 am
Avatar
Lucifer
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 173
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"starman" wrote: The debate over Evolution vs Creationism just won't go away. I believe there is a very good reason for this seemingly never ending debate. What is at stake here, is truth. Is God real or not? Creation Science takes the viewpoint that the Bible's account of creation is true. That an all powerful, loving God, created our world and all living creatures. The theory of evolution counteracts this truth with a truth of it's own. Evolution explains the origin of existence without an all powerful, loving God. Evolution embraces atheism and attempts to explain our world without the existence of God. Creation embraces God as the reason for our existence. Two truths in diametric contradiction with each other.

To find the truth, there must be evidence to substantiate, make real, and give substance to ideas that are espoused as truth. We know for a fact that evolution is true. If evolution weren't true, it wouldn't be very good at predicting how viruses adapt to changing environments. Many people will accept micro evolution, but not macro evolution. There is ample evidence for macro evolution. One example is a fossil named Tiktaalik Roseae. A fish that lived about 375 million years ago and had forward fins containing the bones and joints of two stumpy legs. This is a species that links water dwelling fish to land dwelling four legged tetra pods. There are many examples that point to the truth of evolution. But there is a reason why people deny the truth and opt for a fantasy world. The reason is simply death. All religions promise an afterlife. Death is not final and we will all live on in paradise along with our loved ones. It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world. Is God real or not? Let the evidence speak for itself.

God is ZERO ...

Lucifer~>

July 17, 2009
12:14 pm
Avatar
Dark-Samus
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2494
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It won´t go away untill we meet an alien species way ahead of us or untill we evolve as a species.
We still have the mentality of a caveman 🙄

Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...

July 17, 2009
6:47 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10275
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world. Is God real or not? Let the evidence speak for itself.

If you are so secure in your belief, why are you so intent on not allowing others to dwell on a so called "false belief and fantasy world" as you put it, and believing there is an after life and God after we are done on this earth?

Your evolution theory has not disproven the existance of God, nor disproven the idea of an afterlife, thats the evidence you don't have. Evolution tell you Heaven or Hell doesn't exist? Evolution proves some things, but is has not answered many questions, has it? Evolution doesn't disprove anything, concerning a God or afterlife.

The bible only tells that God created the Heavens and Earth, but doesn't tell how or doesn't tell what a day was to God. OUr concept of time is a day is one revolution of the earth, and a year is the earth taking 365 days to circle the Sun. But that didn't exist in he beginning, so we don't even know what "time" was or is to God, we only know "time" as it relates to our Earths orbit. Evolution has not answered why we are made up from the same basic elements thruout the Universe, or why the Universe extents to infinity. What purpose is there to an endless universe and if we ever find the end to it, what is just past the end? Evolution is one theory, but in the big picutre of the Universe it is information off a grain of sand in comparison, and maybe enough for you to assume there is no God, and no Afterlife, but not to billions of others on the Earth, who have similar beliefs through many many religions.

When I think you are smarter than God, I'll tell myself I'm in a fantasy world, while you dwell on trying to proove what we all will find out somday when we die. People like you are full of advise for everyone else, and always seem to be intent on putting a cloud over a way of life you can;t relate to.

Are you that sure of your belief, you are willing to risk anothers sole into following you, and forsaking God in his/her present belief? Thats a sad statement about you if you would.

I don't think pursuading people to become atheists is very admirable, when if you are wrong, who's work have you accomplished? Who do you think you are to reduce the religions of the world to a false belief and fantasy world because you read something in Popular mechanics. 🙄

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
44 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10275

bionic: 9870

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Tairaa: 2842

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 24662

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 31

Topics: 8966

Posts: 124108

Newest Members:

German, Cajun, erica, kode, doninbran21, MYSTIFY, kregg, donel clark, Codetrader

Administrators: John Greenewald: 634, blackvault: 1776