Is God Real or Not? | Page 15 | Religion Spirituality | Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Is God Real or Not?
August 3, 2009
11:23 am
Avatar
Dark-Samus
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 2494
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now you know how the rest of the world sees the US as. 🙄

But as always you can do whatever you please and say whatever you pleas enow can you?
But since you are americans you don´t care,same with all others which lead to my points of view which will be realized in short terms anyway.

Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...

August 3, 2009
12:24 pm
Avatar
Lashmar
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 5289
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

God is real:

Laugh Laugh Laugh

the bit at the end is brilliant. Laugh Laugh Laugh

Read between the lies

August 3, 2009
5:09 pm
Avatar
bionic
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 9870
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

God is real!!! (or not)

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams

August 4, 2009
12:34 am
Avatar
starman
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 40
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

"SmokinJoe" wrote:

Trying to make the creation story in Genesis fit into what science has revealed about the beginning of the universe is a typical Christian creationist response.

Actually, that is false. On the old board, there was a discussion about "changing the christian belief to fit w/ new scientific evidence." One point brought up was the so-called "6,000 year old Earth" view allegedly held by ALL christians.

I, as others did, pointed out that many of us all the way back to the beginning, have held to an idea that the universe was billions of years old. This was shown to be bibically sound. It was first presented many, many, MANY years ago. Bascially, right from the beginning.

In fact, the early christians who held that theory (way before science proved it) were considered heretics for prosposing the idea of an Earth so much older than "conventional christian wisdom" would allow.

If one chooses to believe that christians are just inventing new ideas to keep up pace w/ science on the age of the Earth, then one chooses to remain willfully ignorant of historical facts concerning early christians.

"SmokinJoe" wrote:
If one chooses to believe that christians are just inventing new ideas to keep up pace w/ science on the age of the Earth, then one chooses to remain willfully ignorant of historical facts concerning early christians.

Christianity is like a chameleon. With every generation it reinvents itself, adapting to cultural changes, new scientific findings and so on. ALL Christians believe God created the Earth/Universe. Not ALL Christians believe the Earth is 6000 yrs old. Not ALL Christians believe the Earth is 4.5 billion yrs old. Not ALL Christians claim a day to God could be a 1000 yrs, a million yrs, millions of yrs, etc. Out of the approximately two billion practicing Christians, there are many that do make this claim. For many Christians, not ALL, to accept the scientific factual evidence that the Universe is 14 billion yrs old, they reinvent a 24 hr day into thousands, millions of years to coincide with the scientific evidence.

"starman" wrote: It is a false belief that causes some people to deny scientific facts in order for them to live in a fantasy world.

a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues

August 4, 2009
2:05 am
Avatar
event_horizon
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1630
Member Since:
April 22, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

"fortwynt" wrote: [quote="event_horizon"][quote="fortwynt"]doesnt matter how *factual* h20 is, youre still as an individual applying faith that its so.

Only in fortwyntland.

oh?

so enlighten us, when's the last time you peered into an electron microscope?...and even then you wouldn't know what you were seeing unless someone told you what to look for.

same could be said for anything virtually.

You take in breath and food and water...someone has told you what happens to these things once they interact with the organs in your body, but do you really "know" for yourself? Of course you don't....you say "hey that makes sense, so I'll choose to believe in that".

nothing more.

You are very cynical aren't you? So I guess everything you don't/can't witness first hand you call it "faith" if you believe it? Perhaps the Chevy company doesn't really build Chevys...have you been to their factory? Or maybe the Holocaust never really happened (like that nutjob Iranian president says)...were you there to see it? Heck maybe the Twin Towers never really existed. Have you ever been to New York prior to 9/11? Maybe your mom and dad ain't your real mom and dad. Do you remember looking at them when you took your first breath? Sheesh, you must be one paranoid individual. For someone to be so skeptical about everything, but at the same time believe without a shadow of a doubt that "God" exists without a shred of evidence.....ehhhh, go figure. 😕

horizon

 

The mixed breed three-eyed half grey alien half cyclops mutant from a galaxy so far away you can't even get there if you folded space.

August 5, 2009
3:35 am
Avatar
fortwynt
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1034
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

not at all.

simply stating a fact, that something you cannot directly perceive, which you allow another person to inform you of, is taken on a certain amount of faith.

how am i wrong to state this?

Never went to the twin towers...saw plenty of videos and pictures of them...but personally? Couldn't say they were there or not, but that I believe they were.

August 8, 2009
7:56 pm
Avatar
event_horizon
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1630
Member Since:
April 22, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

"fortwynt" wrote: not at all.

simply stating a fact, that something you cannot directly perceive, which you allow another person to inform you of, is taken on a certain amount of faith.

how am i wrong to state this?

Never went to the twin towers...saw plenty of videos and pictures of them...but personally? Couldn't say they were there or not, but that I believe they were.

Those images of the "Twin Towers" were just CGI effects. Laugh

You've got serious issues.

horizon

 

The mixed breed three-eyed half grey alien half cyclops mutant from a galaxy so far away you can't even get there if you folded space.

August 22, 2009
5:15 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not one person alive on this planet, now or in the past, has the ability to perceive or imagine what "God" is.

Would be like a cockroach trying to understand a computer, love, politics.

It's just not possible!!

Any faith that thinks it has all the answers is in for a rude awakening!!

August 22, 2009
7:04 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10313
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Would be like a cockroach trying to understand a computer, love, politics.

Sorry, but politics is full of cockroachs, but at least they are only the Democrats. Laugh

August 22, 2009
7:08 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

"greeney2" wrote:

Would be like a cockroach trying to understand a computer, love, politics.

Sorry, but politics is full of cockroachs..... Laugh

FINALLY!! Something we agree on!!

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
45 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10313

bionic: 9870

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Tairaa: 2842

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 24835

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 31

Topics: 9099

Posts: 124408

Newest Members:

hendersontillman, Ken, Wayne Walker, dat2509, gunnar, william wallace, Jan, Fire Fly, TheDoDahMan, [email protected]

Administrators: John Greenewald: 640, blackvault: 1776