Octomom files for bankruptcy in California | Page 5 | General Discussion Topics | Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Octomom files for bankruptcy in California
May 11, 2012
1:13 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

"greeney2" wrote: Thats probably a good idea, and just to clarify, I would not advocate mirco managing all people on welfare or food stamps, or made to eat beans. Most people are inherently good and use the money to make ends meet. I also said the taxpayers are hogtied by the abusers, becasue we can not cut off the welfare for the kids, those people should be monitored. I also am not against welfare where it is justified, and everyone is only a Friday pink slip away from being jobless.

Yes OraProNobis, I am pissed off as a taxpayer just as much with corparate bailout abuse, and other waste in the government. I saw yesterday where 5700 pieces of terrorist equipment being stored and unused for years, at a cost of $184M. The bank bailouts were a joke, and AIG spending money on a 5-star resort was blantant. The CEO's still took an annual bonus, and refused to give it back. The Auto industry CEO's flew on corporate jets to Washington to ask Congress for bailout money, and were sent home to return by commercial aircraft or drive. They still gave them the money after a dog and pony show.

I'm happy to read that the waste of tax dollars on all levels irks you greeney2.

As far as octomom goes, I think its a great idea that a trustee be appointed to monitor her spending. :thumbup:

May 16, 2012
8:13 am
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10273
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Update for anyone who has followed this. She failed to file paperwork on time.

'Octomom' bankruptcy case thrown out of court after she fails to complete and file paperwork
By The Associated Press | Associated Press – 4 hrs agoEmailShare0PrintLA HABRA, Calif. - 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman has failed to file the proper paperwork in her bankruptcy case, opening the door to creditors to collect debts and allowing a foreclosure to go ahead against the house she lives in.

The Orange County Register reports that Suleman's case was thrown out Tuesday for failing to file a dozen financial documents and statements required to file for bankruptcy.

Suleman is an unemployed single mother of 14 children who became famous after giving birth to octuplets in 2009. Her octuplets are the world's longest living set.

Suleman had sought protection from her debts under Chapter 7 bankruptcy. According to the filing, she owes money to more than 20 parties, including utilities companies, her father and a Christian school.

A representative for Suleman did not immediately provide comment.

May 16, 2012
5:03 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests

Just more proof that she is overwhelmed, and is not capable of what she undertook.

I don't think judging her and putting her down is going to help the situation much.The kids are already here, and they have a right to as much of a normal life as possible. They didn't ask for this, and not many kids like to see and hear their parent getting belittled and judged at every turn.

For the sake of her children, she needs help, in more ways than one.

Lets have some Christian compassion , and try and make this road easier for the innocents involved, instead of continuing flaming someone who obviously has issues, and should have never been given invitro by "trained professionals".

May 16, 2012
6:06 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10273
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry Pro but this is not an issue of Christian Compassion guilt trip. She did recieve Christian compassion, litterally one of the creditors is a Christian School. Private shools are not cheap, and sending one to private school for a working family is a financial obligation. How did she have several in a private school? She has recieved plenty of Christian Compassion, from many many places.

If she failed to file a dozen papers, it is not becasue she is "overwhelmed" as you say, it is becasue the nature of the papers will lay out a lot of embarrasing financial facts, and give a papertrail, that may actually end up evidence for criminal fraud. When you have to "fess up", every dime of you spending that got you into this mess, you are not going to hide any of it. Her moment of truth is here, and to be absolved of her debts, she has to show everything about herself financially. They are going to see if all the money was spent on these kids and the staples of life, or if her spending was on frivilous other things. What she did with welfare money that was earmarked for these children. They will see if she ran up credit cards with merchandise she knew was never going to be for like baby items, or a trail of more lavish things, luxury items, like dining out in places that would be blantant disregard.

Her not filing these papers, is a lot more about the truth coming out, than being overwhelmed, and the truth could spell out a welfare fraud case against her. You can not rack up 500,000 of debt and expect it to be wiped clean without showing your actions that got it to that point.

May 16, 2012
6:39 pm
Avatar
at1with0
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 9243
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"greeney2" wrote: If she failed to file a dozen papers, it is not becasue she is "overwhelmed" as you say, it is becasue the nature of the papers will lay out a lot of embarrasing financial facts, and give a papertrail, that may actually end up evidence for criminal fraud.

I bet that's true.

"it is easy to grow crazy"

May 17, 2012
6:11 am
Avatar
Guest
Guests

"greeney2" wrote: Sorry Pro but this is not an issue of Christian Compassion guilt trip. She did recieve Christian compassion, litterally one of the creditors is a Christian School. Private shools are not cheap, and sending one to private school for a working family is a financial obligation. How did she have several in a private school? She has recieved plenty of Christian Compassion, from many many places.

If she failed to file a dozen papers, it is not becasue she is "overwhelmed" as you say, it is becasue the nature of the papers will lay out a lot of embarrasing financial facts, and give a papertrail, that may actually end up evidence for criminal fraud. When you have to "fess up", every dime of you spending that got you into this mess, you are not going to hide any of it. Her moment of truth is here, and to be absolved of her debts, she has to show everything about herself financially. They are going to see if all the money was spent on these kids and the staples of life, or if her spending was on frivilous other things. What she did with welfare money that was earmarked for these children. They will see if she ran up credit cards with merchandise she knew was never going to be for like baby items, or a trail of more lavish things, luxury items, like dining out in places that would be blantant disregard.

Her not filing these papers, is a lot more about the truth coming out, than being overwhelmed, and the truth could spell out a welfare fraud case against her. You can not rack up 500,000 of debt and expect it to be wiped clean without showing your actions that got it to that point.

You have a point. If she is afraid of exposing her fraud, than she needs to be accountable for that.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is ..is she really mentally stable enough to be accountable for any of her choices ?

I'm still irked that they let her have 6 children, some I believe with invitro, and then let her have 8 more?

Who will be accountable for that? Clearly she was in no position to even have the first 6. It had to be obvious this woman was not mentally stable to this clinic, therefore those who were, need to be accountable for allowing this to happen.
*sighs*

I do see the points you make greeney2, but it didn't take an "expert" to see that this woman had a few screws loose, way before this all went down with the additional 8.

May 19, 2012
11:49 am
Avatar
bionic
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 9870
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

octomom... and her story both sickens and saddens me (those poor kids)
she actually seems nice enough..for a TOTAL nut job (and for ME to say that..it's saying something)

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams

May 24, 2012
5:45 am
Avatar
ricardo
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 1493
Member Since:
December 11, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"bionic" wrote: octomom... and her story both sickens and saddens me (those poor kids)
she actually seems nice enough..for a TOTAL nut job (and for ME to say that..it's saying something)

interesting facts about ocho grande : she has a bachelor degree in child

development.and, a California psychiatric technicians certification.

to over simplify her odds of conception < 35 age- in six attempts range from

25 % to 45 % and drops as a woman gets older. I was curious how many husbands ?

one. he claims not to be the father of any. they divorced and he and his new

wife, had children together. now . speculate on motives or lack of...

thought I'd share. it does alter ones initial perception. (mine)

the plumber , after seeing the family utilizing the porta potties in the back yard. should have fixed the $ 150 plumbing job w/ or w/ out a photo op. " I fixed Octo moms head "
catchy isn't it ?

May 24, 2012
4:58 pm
Avatar
Guest
Guests

I happy to hear octomom has a degree in child psychology.

It does make me wonder why she has stooped to shooting porn for money though.

That can't be good for a childs psyche.

So if her husband is not the father of the original six children, she must have had invitro for them as well? Not sure, but it still seems crazy that the clinic would allow her to have so many more embryos implanted when they knew she was a single mom with 6 already.

Really hope for the sake of the children she can pull it together, and do something worthwhile with her education.

May 24, 2012
6:54 pm
Avatar
greeney2
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 10273
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thats not an easy field to find employment in right now. School boards are a good sourse however they are in bad shape and each year layoff thousands, and recall them after the summer. Seniority rights have recall rights, so its very hard to come in as a new hire. Getting teaching credentials for K-6 is also no easy task, requires another 18+ units, and having to serve a semester internship, basically working for free teaching as an aid. Even if she did that, teaching jobs in the public school are impossible for new hires right now, in Southern California, probably all of California. I thought I herd she had not completed her degree, but I may be wrong.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 288

Currently Online:
61 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

greeney2: 10273

bionic: 9870

Lashmar: 5289

tigger: 4576

rath: 4297

DIss0n80r: 4161

sandra: 3858

frrostedman: 3815

Wing-Zero: 3278

Tairaa: 2842

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 24597

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 8

Forums: 31

Topics: 8922

Posts: 124025

Newest Members:

Frankie, Puggo, Ken, Rosco Jones, herpeseraser, Troy, Aurora, Harry, troglor, Blue Moon

Administrators: John Greenewald: 629, blackvault: 1776