Australia tops Gold Medal Tally ( Again ) | Page 3 | General Discussion Topics | Forum

A A A
Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Australia tops Gold Medal Tally ( Again )
August 15, 2012
3:37 pm
Avatar
humphreys
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 2150
Member Since:
August 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It's okay to have three nations because they form Great Britain, it's not just a random thing they decided to do. I don't make the rules, if you don't like the fact the Olympics officially allow us to compete as GB instead of England then take it up with the relevant authorities.

However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend - like I said, you guys had better have an overhaul of the way you do things else you're going to become the laughing stock of the world.

"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris

August 16, 2012
12:54 pm
Avatar
rath
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 4298
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"humphreys" wrote: It's okay to have three nations because they form Great Britain, it's not just a random thing they decided to do. I don't make the rules, if you don't like the fact the Olympics officially allow us to compete as GB instead of England then take it up with the relevant authorities.

However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend - like I said, you guys had better have an overhaul of the way you do things else you're going to become the laughing stock of the world.

I never said there was anything wrong with it.

Im just pointing out, that we let you have that handicap because your so bad at sports.

& even with the handicap of competing as three different nations as one ........ you still can't beat Australia.

At the London 2012 games just gone, you had a second handicap given to you, as you had automatic qualification in every event as the home nation.

"humphreys" wrote: [quote="rath"]Ar ..... your just saying that coz we beat the USA.

I am Team GB, don't really care how the US did.

Did you miss this part:

"If you want to mess with figures like this I believe YORKSHIRE alone got as many gold medals as Australia. Let that sink in mate. YORKSHIRE, is just a single county in England, and they got as many golds as you. Incredible."

You either got hammered by GB altogether, or if you want to diddle with figures you lost to Yorkshire. Either way LOL

"humphreys" wrote: However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend - like I said, you guys had better have an overhaul of the way you do things else you're going to become the laughing stock of the world.

"humphreys" wrote: And yes, this is the first time we have done better than you guys, but it shows an alarming new trend

Laugh Laugh Laugh

That's so cute, .......... You think your playing with the big boys now.

Once is hardly a trend. Laugh

"humphreys" wrote: [quote="rath"]Ar ..... your just saying that coz we beat the USA.

I am Team GB, don't really care how the US did.

Did you miss this part:

"If you want to mess with figures like this I believe YORKSHIRE alone got as many gold medals as Australia. Let that sink in mate. YORKSHIRE, is just a single county in England, and they got as many golds as you. Incredible."

You either got hammered by GB altogether, or if you want to diddle with figures you lost to Yorkshire. Either way LOL

❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

"humphreys" wrote: However, your comparison to teaming up Australia with China...I don't really get your point. China do well without the Australian's help, and England would do just fine without Scotland and Wales, far better than the Aussies still, and this is indisputable because Yorkshire alone would have come 11th.

❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

Yet Australia finished in 10th place.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Nice fudge of the figures there humphreys.

August 17, 2012
11:01 am
Avatar
humphreys
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 2150
Member Since:
August 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"rath" wrote: If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

Yet Australia finished in 10th place.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Nice fudge of the figures there humphreys.

If you read what I said, I wrote "If you want to diddle with figures, you lost to Yorkshire", meaning if you want to make comparisons with the size of the nation compared to medal tally as you did in your OP, then you lost to Yorkshire. Duh.

You actually got level Golds with Yorkshire, which is frankly embarrassing for you.

Australia is a lot bigger than Yorkshire, yes?

You're losing this argument harder than Australia lost pretty much everything at the Olympics 😛

"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris

August 18, 2012
7:13 am
Avatar
rath
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 4298
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"humphreys" wrote: [quote="rath"]If Australia lost to Yorkshire, how is it Yorkshire medal tally put them in 11th place.

Yet Australia finished in 10th place.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Nice fudge of the figures there humphreys.

If you read what I said, I wrote "If you want to diddle with figures, you lost to Yorkshire", meaning if you want to make comparisons with the size of the nation compared to medal tally as you did in your OP, then you lost to Yorkshire. Duh.

You actually got level Golds with Yorkshire, which is frankly embarrassing for you.

Australia is a lot bigger than Yorkshire, yes?

You're losing this argument harder than Australia lost pretty much everything at the Olympics 😛

Hardly ......... Laugh

A. you make a lot of claims. but you fail to back any of them up with any links to newspaper articles & such.

So it's just your word.

Start backing up your claims.

For all we know Yorkshire did not win any medals.

For all i know Scotland wales & the islands that make up the great British team, won all the medals & England was just there Claiming other nations victory as there own ( as they always do )

Show us some hard facts that highlight just how many individual medals England actually won at the Olympics.
( if any )

& Australia lost nothing at the Olympics, we may not have finished in the top five nations at this Olympics, but we still finished in the top ten. ( which is great for a nation as small as Australia )

When was the last time England finished in the top five at the Olympics ((( NEVER ))) Embarassed

August 18, 2012
10:16 am
Avatar
humphreys
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 2150
Member Since:
August 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

No problem, rath, here is an article listing Yorkshire's medal tally:

"Yorkshire has finished up with seven gold medals, two silver and three bronzes, placing it twelfth in the medal table"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/the-northe ... sfeed=true

Australia also got 7 golds, putting them level in that respect.

Getting medal tallies for England instead of GB is difficult because they don't like to separate the nations, but if we merely add Yorkshire's 7 to Mo Farrah's 2 golds, that's 9 golds for England alone which is enough to eclipse Australia.

I know Ennis got a gold too, so that makes ten.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... -home.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympi ... n-Coe.html

Here's a couple of women rowers for more golds:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/au ... r-stanning

I think that's 12. There are lots more but I'm not going to list them individually nor do I need to because 12 alone is way more than Australia's 7.

Okay, one more:

Anthony Joshua gets gold in boxing, that's now 13:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... mpics.html

Actually, if you go through that full list above, you will see just what a great majority of the golds listed are from England.

Can I rest my case now or do you have any other lame objections? We didn't just beat you, we absolutely pulverized you.

"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris

August 21, 2012
4:07 pm
Avatar
The_Joker
Member
Level 0
Forum Posts: 710
Member Since:
July 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

rath is talking through his ass again and giving real Aussies a bad name with his statistically doctored medal tally.

Grow up you moron!

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

September 7, 2012
2:38 pm
Avatar
chiselray
Member
Members
Level 2
Forum Posts: 1573
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

a bit pissed with Michaal Diamond..well then again he has had a good record at teh olympics through the years...

He killed his way through the preliminaries,till the final ,hsit i stayed awake for that too...mayb he didn't want is that much anymore !

September 8, 2012
3:17 am
Avatar
rath
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 4298
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"humphreys" wrote: Can I rest my case now or do you have any other lame objections? We didn't just beat you, we absolutely pulverized you.

Hardly, you had automatic qualification in every event, you have some 300 million more people than Australia, & you could only win 4 more gold medals than Australia.

I would hardly say you pulverized Australia.

& let us not forget .........

This is the first time since the modern Olympics ( over 100 years ) that great Britain has ever beaten Australia.

& i just love that you are making the most of the fact that this is the first & last time great Britain will ever beat Australia at sport...

by all means you enjoy your moment.

Coz it will never happen again.

But by all means you try your little arse off.

your next shot is the Para-Olympic games, & then we have the commonwealth games as well remember.

Great Britain has not beaten Australia at the commonwealth games since like EVER ( for 80 odd years )

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

September 8, 2012
3:22 am
Avatar
rath
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 4298
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Aussie Jacqui Freney has saved her best performance at the London Paralympic Games to last

JACQUI Freney saved the best of her London campaign for last, with a remarkable anchoring leg of the medley relay to snare her eighth gold of the Games.

Russia appeared to have the race in the bag after three swimmers, holding a 12m lead in the event that requires the four athletes' classification numbers - that is, S7, S8 etc - to add up to 34 points or less.

Russia's final swimmer, Oxana Guseva, was an S7, the same as Australia's Freney, meaning they were equally-able in terms of ability, yet Freney's heart proved larger.

Freney unbelievably dragged Guseva's seven-second lead back, before outswimming the challenge of American Mallory Weggermann, an S8 and more able-bodied competitor.

Parents poolside to watch Cowdrey gold

The brilliant win marked eight golds from eight events for Freney, who earlier in the Games became Australia's most successful athlete at a single Paralympics after surpassing Siobhan Paton's six wins at Sydney.

A stunned Freney said she had surprised even herself with the last-leg swim and credited the work of her teammates Ellie Cole, Katherine Downie and Annabelle Williams.

September 8, 2012
3:27 am
Avatar
rath
Member
Members
Level 0
Forum Posts: 4298
Member Since:
April 9, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Medal Tally.

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/m ... dal-count/

Great Britain better get a move on.

Again.

Great Britain has automatic qualification in every event at the games.

great Britain has 3 different nations competing as a single combined group under the great Britain banner.

& still they fail to dominate.

LAME ... LAME ... LAME.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 341
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 57
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
greeney2: 10399
bionic: 9871
Lashmar: 5290
tigger: 4577
rath: 4298
DIss0n80r: 4162
sandra: 3859
frrostedman: 3816
Wing-Zero: 3279
Tairaa: 2843
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2
Members: 25740
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 31
Topics: 9849
Posts: 126463
Newest Members:
Met Exteriors, Jody Lemming, R, Steve Johnson, Elisabeth, Diamond7474, Nathan Gamer, Zack myhre, foopalooter, Calvinist
Administrators: John Greenewald: 693, blackvault: 1777