March 10, 2015
In Episode #10 (double digits!) of The Black Vault Radio, I welcome Mr. Nate Jones into the Vault. Nate serves as the Director of the Freedom of Information Act Project for the National Security Archive at The George Washington University. Since March 2009, Nate has helped chart the Archive’s FOIA strategy, overseeing the thousands of Freedom of Information Act and Mandatory Declassification Review requests and appeals that archive staff members submit each year. He also acts as the liaison with federal agencies on FOIA matters. He has testified before Congress, is a frequent panelist at conferences, public speaker, and regular interview subject in numerous media outlets. He was an editor-at-large for Newsweek’s 99-page Special Edition, “Declassified: Exposing the Secrets,” which was published in December 2015. In addition to FOIA, Nate has become a recognized international expert on the 1983 Able Archer nuclear war scare.
Also, I explore some important news headlines and profile letter sent to me by the NSA in 2013, which literally baffles me to this day.
Subscribe for notifications on upcoming requests for the TBV Mailbag Segment:
– Who Caused The Mysterious Leak At The International Space Station?
– Morning, Kepler! NASA's Planet-Hunting Spacecraft Wakes Up Again
– President Trump May Declassify the 20 FISA Docs Congress Wants
– Mr. Luis Elizondo: Why Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Are A National Security Risk And Also An Opportunity For Progress
– The National Security Archive
– Able Archer 83: The Secret History of the NATO Exercise That Almost Triggered Nuclear War (Hardcover)
– The Able Archer 83 Sourcebook
– The 1983 War Scare Declassified and For Real
– The National Security Archive's FOIA Resources
– The Black Vault's Intellipedia Archive
Subscribe to The Black Vault Radio:
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault