The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

IF YOU WERE A RICH MAN?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby MIBby » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

They cancelled it? Damnit... where am I gonna get my Summer Glau-fix now?
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 pm

There are rumors of a movie being made.
Hope THAT, at least, happens.
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:56 am

Yeah but I prefer an entire third season...
Making it as a movie would just...I dunno...take away the excitment the show has...
Because they will feel like they must take everything in it...and it will not be that good...

Please TSCC before T5!

Stupid Fox, another reason to hate america :lol: :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 am

Many people have actually just had their lives ruined by winning something like the lottery. Seriously ended up the worst thing that ever happened to them. But I'm not fool enough to not want to win $25 million and willing to take the chance! :lol: :lol:

I think we all think about that all the time. If I was still working, I don't think I would have walked in the next day and said "I quit". I honestly think I would have continued to work for a while, but the real fact is becasue you would be rich, you would automatically become almost a stranger to everyone, because you no longer share the same economic problems as coworkers working from paycheck to paycheck. You all of a sudden would just not be in the same boat as the others, still just making what their paychecks give and nothing else. Many would recent you all but some that really were your friends. You would eventually quit becasue you just don;t ,share the same bonds anymore.

I'd probably buy new cars, but I honestly wouldn't go nuts with it. Even being able to afford a Lamborgini, I wouldn't probably buy one. I wouldn't sell my home and move, but I would sure do everything I wanted to have done, and do it pretty darn quick. I would probably buy another vacation home or two, one maybe by the ocean, and another one in the mountians and fishing, where anyone in the family could use it when they wanted to. Definatly would do some traveling. I would be pretty conserative and not go nuts, but I think I'd at least treat myself to those things, at a reasonable level of money. Maybe a nice camper, but I would not buy a huge motorhome.

I would definatly buy my kids homes(payoff my daughters), and set up trusts for them all, that would allow for them to have college funds for their kids when they have them, and security for the rest of their lives.

I'm not sure what it would be but after the few luxury thinks I would do above, and the things for my kids, and investing very conseratively the rest. You really would have to think about somekind of a way, to do some good and unselfish things with some of the money. If would be wrong in my opinion for myself, not to find something of a cause, or need to support. I'm not sure what that cause may be, and to what levels you should take it, but if you did nothing but blow the money, it would be wrong. You have to remember that a gift like that, should inspire you to greater things than yourself.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 am

I agree, I myself have thought about this whole lottery thing or something else that makes you win lots of money.
I would of course give my parents enough money for their retirement and all the economic payoffs they have so that they have nothing to stress about when it comes to these things.

I would give a bit of the money to my family in South America where they need it the most but just enough.

A bit of it would probably be for some "fun" things I want to have which isn't much.
Probably the best computer would be the best thing I would buy.
I would not move to a better house and buy sh*t that isn't worth the trouble at all or waste the money on meaningless parties and alcohol. :roll:

Other than that, I would just continue my life as I am today.
Money has no real importance in my life at all even if I need it from time to time.
It will never ever make it more important or even close to the importance of my family or myself.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby MIBby » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 am

I think one has to be a very sober and neutral person to deal with winning a couple million dollars.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
MIBby

Postby rath » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 pm

25 million you say...........

I spend most of it on Strippers, hookers, Alcohol, Drugs & gambling.

& the rest of it, i would waste.
Last edited by rath on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rath

Postby AlphaOmega » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:53 pm

MIBby wrote:I would so leave Belgium and find myself a nice smalltown in the States. Yea, I said it.

Would you like a neighbor form Australia?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
Copies of all my posts are now kept on file.
AlphaOmega

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 pm

AlphaOmega wrote:Would you like a neighbor form Australia?

You don't wanna live here. We don't have kangaroos.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby bionic » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 am

There was an Oprah show on that. peopel who came into money suddenly..and it basically wrecking their lives.

"Power corrupts...."

plus..a changein status..changes the dynamics of all your relationships.
And suddenly being rich is a BIG chnage instatus.

But a million bucks isn't what it once was..it'd be nice to have it..but unless a person really invested it wisely..it ain't gonna make them "a rich man"

I'd LOVE to be able to pay off my house, though. Ah, the stress relief it'd bring. That alone!!! But hey, I feel this way..me and just about everyone else..who "owns" a house these days, feels like that.
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts