The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

Do you ever think that...

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby event_horizon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:26 pm

bionic wrote:Really? Youfell you got "nothing from noone in the thread" ?
:snooty:

It's a matter of perspective. 8-)
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:40 pm

I get that.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby chiselray » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:27 am

event_horizon wrote:...this planet is punishment for something you did somewhere else?

I don't usually believe in metaphysical things like this, but sometimes it makes me wonder.

i wouldnt call free will a punishment,it's your view of the world that makes you
chiselray

Postby Island_Girl » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:05 am

event_horizon wrote:Island Girl, I can totally relate to what you just said.

And why is it that I've never noticed you here before? I see you're from New Orleans...I was born and raised there. And I lived in Metairie, LA for 9 years before Hurricane Katrina. I sure do miss the food.

EH,

Maybe because I'm invisible is why you don't
notice me...I flesh out time to time.

I have relatives in Metairie. I lived in the
Quarter, then Gentilly, N.O. East and now
I live in Eden Isles across the lake. Lost
everything in Katrina and built back. If you
lived through Katrina you may have had real
reason to wonder if you were being
punished. It was hell, believe me. I create
my own way of dealing with the complexity
of life and will continue until I croak. lol

Glad to meet you Mistah Horizon. I had red
beans and rice earlier for supper and watched
the Saints. I never watch TV as a rule but
make that exception. When the Saints win the
vibes are easier thus making my life less complicated. :)
Island_Girl

Postby bionic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:36 am

Let me tell you something about I.G...she keeps on the downlow..but she is AMAZING...I wish we could hang..because we would be the shite!!!
SO PARTYING..lol!!
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby gudskepteacal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 pm

..."I'm going to be a happy idiot
And struggle for the legal tender
Where the ads take aim and lay their claim
To the heart and the soul of the spender
And believe in whatever may lie
In those things that money can buy
Thought true love could have been a contender
Are you there?
Say a prayer for the Pretender
Who started out so young and strong
Only to surrender "

I hear what you're saying, event. Would well pampered slaves be just as deep in bondage?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby event_horizon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:28 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Would well pampered slaves be just as deep in bondage?

"Well pampered slaves?" :lol: No.

Work 20 hour weeks and still be able to pay all your bills and have enough time to enjoy this short life? Yes.

I mean...just think, if we could just change the work days to 4 hours a day, or even shorten the work week to Mon-Wed 6-7 hours a day, that'd be wonderful. That would give us plenty enough time for life. I think that would be enough to create close to a utopian society. Life would be far less stressful and as a result there would be less violence; families/friends would be able to have more time with each other; kids would get the love and attention they need, rather than being neglected and turning into hoodlums because their parents didn't have enough time for them. Isn't that what life should be all about?

Less working hours would also mean less production of things we don't need, or things we have too much of, which would benefit the planet in the long run.

Unfortunately this will never happen because some humans are just way too damn greedy.

The problem is the bigwigs keep the wages low so you have no choice but to work a long week to pay your bills and feed your family. Of course lower wages also mean more money in their greedy pockets. More hours worked also means more production, which equals (you guessed it) more money in their greedy pockets.

And starting wars because you want something the other country has (GREED) doesn't help either, which drains the economy and creates more unemployment, which in turn creates more unhappy/stressful people, and violence. I mean...look at the cops, paid for by our greedy government, assaulting these people.

There would be plenty enough work for everyone if they just cut the hours to hire more people, and paid them more than chump change.

If these A-holes weren't so damn greedy the world would be a much better place.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Island_Girl wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Island Girl, I can totally relate to what you just said.

And why is it that I've never noticed you here before? I see you're from New Orleans...I was born and raised there. And I lived in Metairie, LA for 9 years before Hurricane Katrina. I sure do miss the food.

EH,

Maybe because I'm invisible is why you don't
notice me...I flesh out time to time.

I have relatives in Metairie. I lived in the
Quarter, then Gentilly, N.O. East and now
I live in Eden Isles across the lake. Lost
everything in Katrina and built back. If you
lived through Katrina you may have had real
reason to wonder if you were being
punished. It was hell, believe me. I create
my own way of dealing with the complexity
of life and will continue until I croak. lol

Glad to meet you Mistah Horizon. I had red
beans and rice earlier for supper and watched
the Saints. I never watch TV as a rule but
make that exception. When the Saints win the
vibes are easier thus making my life less complicated. :)

I didn't ride out the hurricane. I used to ride them all out, but I had never seen a Category 5 that was projected to go up the mouth of the Mississippi River before, so I was outta there.

At least in Eden Isle you're not living in a bowl and you'd have a much easier time evacuating the area (gawd forbid it happens again).

I love to cook Red Beans & Rice and Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, but I miss all the boiled seafood and the great restaurants in the Quarter and Bucktown.

And who dat say dey gon' beat dem Saints!!! I love my Saints! I still catch every game. I'm ready for Super Bowl victory #2 baby!!! Hopefully we get that precious bye week, but we need to win and hope the 49ers to lose to the Rams. Yeah...that probably ain't gonna happen... :(
event_horizon

Postby gudskepteacal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Probably some of what it should be about, but I dk about 'all'. This is where we disagree. As far as working fewer hours, there's no law against, but, if you go putting that kind of constraint on business, the very thing that makes free markets and capitalism dynamic and prosperous would be nullified,imo. Your post, in a way, seems to accuse and denegrate wealthy people/corporation owners and CEOs. I completely agree the ratio of compensation for the wealthy folks and the avg. income family is disturbing and somewhat appalling, but, without these same horrible people, America wouldn't be the same country it is. We could cuss and throw rocks all day, that won't solve the problem, as you know, :thumbdown: with class warfare event. The point you made about wars being fought for the benefit of corporate puppetmasters was very interesting as I was just thinking along those lines with another topic here in Questions that make you dri..uh think :Doh:
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:38 am

event_horizon wrote:
gudskepteacal wrote:Would well pampered slaves be just as deep in bondage?

"Well pampered slaves?" :lol: No.

Work 20 hour weeks and still be able to pay all your bills and have enough time to enjoy this short life? Yes.

I mean...just think, if we could just change the work days to 4 hours a day, or even shorten the work week to Mon-Wed 6-7 hours a day, that'd be wonderful. That would give us plenty enough time for life. I think that would be enough to create close to a utopian society. Life would be far less stressful and as a result there would be less violence; families/friends would be able to have more time with each other; kids would get the love and attention they need, rather than being neglected and turning into hoodlums because their parents didn't have enough time for them. Isn't that what life should be all about?

Less working hours would also mean less production of things we don't need, or things we have too much of, which would benefit the planet in the long run.

Unfortunately this will never happen because some humans are just way too damn greedy.

The problem is the bigwigs keep the wages low so you have no choice but to work a long week to pay your bills and feed your family. Of course lower wages also mean more money in their greedy pockets. More hours worked also means more production, which equals (you guessed it) more money in their greedy pockets.

And starting wars because you want something the other country has (GREED) doesn't help either, which drains the economy and creates more unemployment, which in turn creates more unhappy/stressful people, and violence. I mean...look at the cops, paid for by our greedy government, assaulting these people.

There would be plenty enough work for everyone if they just cut the hours to hire more people, and paid them more than chump change.

If these A-holes weren't so damn greedy the world would be a much better place.

I agree with this WHOLE post!!
:thumbup:
huh
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts