The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What do you drive, what would you like to drive

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby mrmonsoon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 pm

I drive a 1999 Mustang GT. Metallic red with a tan leather interior and Mach 460 sound system.
This is a daily driver and show car. I have 3 first places, 2 second places and was featured as car of the month in my car club.

I would drive a 2011 Mustang shelby 500 GT "KR" (KR=King of the Road)
Same metallic red color and a 6 speed, of course.

Ok people lets see what you drive and what you would drive if you could.
:mrgreen:
mrmonsoon

Postby Halfabo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:25 am

I drive a 1971 Ford 3/4 ton pickup. It does have a radio but, you can't hear it over the exhaust. (I've got a hole in my manifold right now that has to be fixed.) And I love driving my old truck.

What I would like to have is a 1947 Ford pickup. Well, someday I'll find one.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:17 pm

The big question when you have a history like we have Halfabo, is all the car we use to have but kick ourselves in the ass now for ever selling. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 pm

That's true Greeney. I like the styles of the older cars, they had character. All the new cars look the same to me, all just little clones of one another.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 am

I'll bet you could not find any car made anyplace you could walk accross the hood. You don't even dare sit on a hood, trunk lid, or fender the sheet metal is so thin. Cars use to be cars, and remember the heavy chrome bumpers and grills? Hood ornaments were collectors items. The old Pontiacs actually light up. One of our old cars I grew up with, we knicknamed the "Clunker" when I was a kid. 1954 Pontiac, you could sit 6 full sized adults, and the trunk could hold all thier luggage. It had a flathead straight 8-cylinder motor, and hydramatic transmission. The uppolstry was all leather, becasue thats how they made cars in those days, not because it was a fancy option. I know most people on this board have never seen an old oil bath style air cleaner, or the engine fuel pump had a glass bottom, that was removable to clean it. If fact, most people here have never seen a car with the fuel pump on the motor, they are all in the gas tanks now. Forget talking about cars the ignition points in the distributor. A few of us here remember those days.

Some of my old cars I;ve owned were my hot rod from high school, a 1940 ford coupe, I put a Cadilac engine in completely built. big Cam, pistons, Dual quads, it was a monster in a peanut shell. My 1955 Chevvy with a 348 and 4-speed, 1966 El Camino 327 with bucket seats and 4-speed, 1956 ford pick up, 62 Corvair, and I still have a 72 El Camino I bought brand new waiting for me to restore. I've had and worked on so may vintage motorycycles, I couldn;t count them.

My Dad and Grandfather were devout Pontiac men, and they had cars when widetracks and big motors were in style. 60 and 61 they dominated Daytona. My wife had a 63 Pontiac Convertable in High school, and we sold her 68 Javilin with buckets and 4 speed. Those are now very collectable too. Still today one of my favotive cars was one my old boss had. A 1962 Pontiac Gran Prix, bucket seats and candy apple red color from the factory. Thats back when gasoline was leading and high octane, and a muscle car was usually very fast.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:46 pm

I should post pics of my car. It's very beat up from two accidents. Apart from cosmetics, it runs great..the radiator fans don't ever run so I have to keep moving which is no big deal since I'm never in gridlock traffic out here in the middle of nowhere.

Wow what would I want to drive:

4.25 0-60mph
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 pm

is that a super Roo at1
chiselray

Postby greeney2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:03 am

Stupid question Chiselray, but what car brands does Austrailia manufacture in your country? I've never herd of an Austrailian car, or at least never herd of one imported to the USA. What do you import, or do not import?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:04 am

chiselray wrote:is that a super Roo at1

yeah how could i forget.
Subaru impreza wrx sti I think is the name.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 am

im no expert on the subaru...so many car manufacturers have similar shapes and lines nowdays...
chiselray

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts