The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

What is mastery?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby pyrus01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

A Grandmaster of Chess has achieved a level of proficiency. This mastery is knowledge and ability demonstrated at a very high level.
Chess is great, it's so damn fair.
What doesn't seem fair is that anyone can claim to be a Master of Something without having to demonstrate a single thing.
Mastery appears to be knowledge and ability demonstrated at the highest possible level, hopefully recognized by peers.
Now we can all sleep easier, knowing the question has been mastered.
pyrus01

Postby bionic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:33 pm

greeney2 wrote:A Masters degree by definition is certainly a milestone level. Thats something you should be proud of and nobody can ever take that from you, you earned it on your own.

That said, nobody ever really Masters anything, becasue nobody is ever perfect. There is always learning of new things, its a continuous process of evolving. Like all things, we all have our skill levels, and that varies with everyone and every field of endevour. Like you say all fields also have a specialty within them. My world of welding that I think I did pretty well in, was only one specialty within all of welding. We were continually changing, and improving our processes.

this is why I adore yah, mister..the wisdom :thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Previous

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts