The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What Ya'll listening to

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm

War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:10 pm

For old time's sake. Rediscovered this one a short while ago. Powerful riffs and chords.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Kind of hooked on this one lately. Brings back memories for sure. Remember those huge high school keg parties? I always wondered how in the hell the kids would explain all the destruction to their parents!

When I think of "Good Times," I always go back to my last years in high school. The huge parties; the crazy, care-free summers; falling for someone new. What a rush. I still dream (and recently!) of roaming the same streets we used to live on, searching for my friends and trying to get a party together. Good times indeed. The BEST times.

You're not doing this one justice if you don't crank the volume. Go for the 1080p if you can manage it. If you had times like that in your life, this song should take you straight down memory lane.

"Standing in the hall of my best friend's house,
The parents out of town
Under age, full of rage
Killin' time"

There is a beautiful break down at 3:52

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:36 pm

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:05 pm

frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks for that, Frosty. Adding them to my library right now.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Very interesting song, Wing. Addictive. Violins and bongo. Great drinking song. A couple of bands came to mind after hearing that little gem.

Last edited by frrostedman on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 pm

BTW, on the Bad Boy Good Man post of yours (top of this page). I didn't much like the song. But that still frame in your post.. check out the chick with the cheekbones that just won't stop. Adorable! I could fall in love with those cheekbones. I wonder why we don't see facial features like that anymore, whereas 50 years ago they were fairly common.
frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing anyone in my circles with cheekbones like that. Even in high school there were girls with high cheeks, but nothing as prominent as that. Weird how human skeletons change over time.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I thought you would like Guster.

frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts