The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What Ya'll listening to

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby MIBby » Tue May 28, 2013 7:16 am

Since when is that music?
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
User avatar
MIBby
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Postby at1with0 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 am

don't be such an old fart. :o
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9183
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby Tsunami » Tue May 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Mumford and Sons live on Letterman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doO_nIEKEfE
User avatar
Tsunami
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

Postby MIBby » Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 am

Rather be an old fart then expose my precious brain to such banal noise, and revolting cacophony of sounds
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
User avatar
MIBby
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Postby Fut004 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 am

Tsunami wrote:Mumford and Sons live on Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doO_nIEKEfE


These guys are great. They really put their heart and soul into every (televised) performance I've seen. It'd be a blast to catch them live some day.
I do have one complaint about the band, and it's a huge one. That fucking BANJO has got to go. I can't listen to anything of theirs without focusing on that twangy-twang-twang-twanginess.

MIBby wrote:Rather be an old fart then expose my precious brain to such banal noise, and revolting cacophony of sounds


Yikes.

-----------------------

On a much more sane note;
Anybody else have a chance to listen to the new Daft Punk album?
It's not really what one would expect from Daft Punk. Not as much of a supercharged Electro-Dance Party album, much more casual chilled out loungey-jazz.

Here's the first single:
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
User avatar
Fut004
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Postby MIBby » Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 am

The new Daft Punk album is amazing.

They announced before the release that it would be a complete overhaul of their style, personally I think it was a great choice. Their dance vibes were declining album by album and they redeemed themselves by the Tron Legacy soundtrack. It showed a completely new side of the duo and it continues to show in RAM.

Songs like "Give Life Back to Music", "Giorgio by Moroder", "Doin' It Right", they are just so perfect in atmosphere and style, it's a fusion of elements and it shows their talent. I am, however, a bit worried how they are gonna incorporate that in their live shows, but I'm dying to find out.

The single they released is a bit oo "pop-esque" for me, it screams HIT CHARTS CRAP like crazy, but it's just something you have to deal with.

Worst song on the whole album is "Touch" in my opinion. It lacks so many things, it's just a boring maelstrom of noise. Other then that, the album gets at least a couple of plays in a week.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
User avatar
MIBby
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Postby Fut004 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:07 am

MIBby wrote:The new Daft Punk album is amazing.

They announced before the release that it would be a complete overhaul of their style, personally I think it was a great choice. Their dance vibes were declining album by album and they redeemed themselves by the Tron Legacy soundtrack. It showed a completely new side of the duo and it continues to show in RAM.

Songs like "Give Life Back to Music", "Giorgio by Moroder", "Doin' It Right", they are just so perfect in atmosphere and style, it's a fusion of elements and it shows their talent. I am, however, a bit worried how they are gonna incorporate that in their live shows, but I'm dying to find out.

The single they released is a bit oo "pop-esque" for me, it screams HIT CHARTS CRAP like crazy, but it's just something you have to deal with.

Worst song on the whole album is "Touch" in my opinion. It lacks so many things, it's just a boring maelstrom of noise. Other then that, the album gets at least a couple of plays in a week.


To be honest, I haven't really followed Daft Punk all that much.
I've enjoyed some of their songs in the past, but only really listened to it while on long-ass drives at night (their music is great for staying awake). I've listened to this new album at least a dozen times since I've got my hands on it though - seems like they changed their style just right to become the music I was apparently looking for these days.

You're right about "Touch", the song does next to nothing for me.

MIBby wrote:The single they released is a bit oo "pop-esque" for me, it screams HIT CHARTS CRAP like crazy, but it's just something you have to deal with.


This comment struck me as odd.
Do you not like the song purely because it's a song that's going to do well on the Charts?
Martial Law is real, TPTB have been practicing.
Must watch video, especially for Canadians: Into the Fire - See what actually happened at the G20 Summit in Toronto.
User avatar
Fut004
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Postby MIBby » Wed May 29, 2013 10:36 am

I don't like it because it is made for the charts, it is too unlike the rest of the album.
MIB they once called me. Yes, that was my name. But you probably never heard of him. [/hipster]
User avatar
MIBby
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Postby at1with0 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 pm

"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9183
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby bionic » Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 pm

I stumbled upon this..on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Tp5fl18Ho
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
User avatar
bionic
 
Posts: 9889
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests