The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What If God Disappeared?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby screamzero » Thu May 21, 2009 9:36 am

Dark-Samus wrote:Humans means nothing.
they can´t even stop an asteroid. :roll:

Yet. Their workin' on it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 10:14 am

I`ll give them some credit when a very big asteroid gets destroyed coming to Earth,
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby event_horizon » Thu May 21, 2009 11:24 am

Dark-Samus wrote:Who says I want to go into some fairyland after I die? :roll:

Well apparently you think you're going somewhere when you die by the way you talk about atheists and their "meaningless" lives. That's believer talk.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 am

I think it’s pointless trying to decipher Saturos. ;) :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby starman » Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 pm

event_horizon wrote:

The only thing I believe that has no beginning and no end is higher-dimensional space, or "hyperspace" -- a realm that may theoretically exist beyond or in-between universes.

I agree with you on this one e_h. In Stephen Hawking's A Briefer History of Time (the updated version of his initial A Brief History of Time) he writes that if the initial boundary conditions of the universe occur in a singularity where the laws of physics break down, there is no way we can know how it began. Something outside of the universe would have to initiate the beginning. But he counteracts this with his no-boundary theory. This theory states that time has no beginning and no end. The theory is an extension of the development of Richard Feynman's A Sum of Histories and Imaginary Time. A model of the universe which has no beginning and no end. He also mentions God. He writes:"the possibility that space-time was finite but had no boundary, which means that it had no beginning, no moment of creation, has profound implications for the role of God in the affairs of the universe. So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is really self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would have neither beginning nor end, it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?" A universe without beginning or end, strictly governed by the laws of science and physics.

Hawking writes: "If we do discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable to everyone, not just a few scientists. Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists, and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason---for then we would know the mind of God."
a book without light
unless with love we write ~ Moody Blues
starman

Postby screamzero » Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 pm

How peculiar....a suggested mathematical theorem of a perception intimating an absolute circumstance in nature by Hawking as a potentially valid model, stating a self-contained identity of existence squares off no G-d, but who, in objectivity (I admire that), fesses to "if" there is a complete theory, determines that it would be possible to know the mind of G-d... .

Just to even consider it...Now that pulls ma' trigga...ma' nxxa... Now for the good news: that the mind of G-d can be known by knowing nothing....a paradox wrapped in an enigma; shrouded in mystery...constantly unfolding...
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 22, 2009 2:02 am

Well apparently you think you're going somewhere when you die by the way you talk about atheists and their "meaningless" lives. That's believer talk.

Nope.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby screamzero » Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 am

This place needs an anti-religion and non-spiritual forum......how silly of me. This is it.
screamzero

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

that would be kind o funny though ;) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby screamzero » Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 am

What a great twist for a battle forum... :mrgreen:
screamzero

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts