The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

What If God Disappeared?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Questioner101 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:41 am

If god disappeared, maybe humans would progress from myth dribbling nutters, into gods themselves...without the need for crutches.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby event_horizon » Wed May 20, 2009 11:43 am

Dark-Samus wrote:Atleast two things is wrong with that cartoon which was kind of funny...

1.Atheists don´t believe in neither God or Evolution, they just think everything is as it is with no beginning or end.

Since when do atheists not believe in evolution? :?

The only thing I believe that has no beginning and no end is higher-dimensional space, or "hyperspace" -- a realm that may theoretically exist beyond or in-between universes.

Dark-Samus wrote:2.God did not write the Bible. :roll:

According to Bible believers, "He" did, and that's what the cartoon was based on. Supposedly "God" spoke through the minds of humans and they wrote it down. But today, in reality, when people hear voices in their heads, it's a form of schizophrenia. So basically, the Bible was written by a buncha schizos.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed May 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Questioner101 wrote:If god disappeared, maybe humans would progress from myth dribbling nutters, into gods themselves...without the need for crutches.

Or clothes.

Gods don't need clothes.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 3:29 am

Since when do atheists not believe in evolution?

I know some people often thinks that being an atheist only means not believing in God or Gods.
But in fact it means not believing in anything, whether it´s religions or science or whatever.
They only believe in what they see and can function for them in their daily meaningsless lives. :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 21, 2009 3:32 am

Wing-Zero wrote:
Questioner101 wrote:If god disappeared, maybe humans would progress from myth dribbling nutters, into gods themselves...without the need for crutches.

Or clothes.

Gods don't need clothes.

Gods all look good as well. A world of sexy naked people (mainly women), sign me up. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby screamzero » Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 am

We are already godlings thanks to G-d. it would be nice for the unimaginative to get cognizant about their unlimited potentials of capacities that may be enjoyed on more than just a fleeting temporal bases. All that's required is to be still and "not to push the river". Serenity is the hallmark of sanity and the connector to massive; powerful; overwhelming wisdom for the price of a little willingness. This cures the dribbling of ignorances...better to have a sling shot than a crutch.
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 8:30 am

Humans means nothing.
they can´t even stop an asteroid. :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby event_horizon » Thu May 21, 2009 8:35 am

Dark-Samus wrote:
Since when do atheists not believe in evolution?

I know some people often thinks that being an atheist only means not believing in God or Gods.
But in fact it means not believing in anything, whether it´s religions or science or whatever.
They only believe in what they see and can function for them in their daily meaningsless lives. :roll:

Where in the hell do you get these perceptions? :? I've never heard of or met ANY atheist that thinks that way.

"Meaningless lives"? Life is what you make of it. I don't think my life is meaningless at all. This life is short, so enjoy it while you have it. And that's what I do. So what if I don't spend forever in some Fairyland afterwards -- that doesn't mean life is meaningless. Who really wants to spend forever in the same place doing the same thing anyway? Wouldn't that get pretty dull after a while? I for one am glad to know it doesn't exist. And although my consciousness dies, my energy can come back and experience an infinite number of other life forms. To me that's the most meaningful thing imaginable.

From what I've gathered from your posts, you're a miserable hater of humanity. Must be lonely being you. Sorry.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 21, 2009 8:49 am

Who says I want to go into some fairyland after I die? :roll:
Yes Lashmar we know what jokes you can make out of this. :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Thu May 21, 2009 9:04 am

The list goes on doesn’t it.

I'll only give you one for the time being.

I want to go on a Boob Cruise around hell when I die. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts