The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

What are your thoughts on DESTINY?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby bionic » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:30 am

Ha!
See how you inspire?
:idea:
"Captain, My Captian!"
:thumbup:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 am

:dance: :dance:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:32 am

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Some people believe the laws of physics control our lives. That is what atheists say. That is their explanation for how we got here. "Human existence is no more mysterious than birds or trees or water or anything else. Given enough time maybe humans are inevitable." -some atheist I don't remember

Death makes everyone equal or inevitable. If you consider that, then yeah nothing you do matters whether its you choice or not because death doesn't discriminate.

I would agree that we are nothing but animals with a slightly larger brain. But if humanity has a destiny then I would question the motive of a destiny that has done nothing but harm all it's existence.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Paraphrasing, when Eve was brought out of Adam death came into being. When the two are re-joined and Man regains his former self, then death will be conquered. If we become immortal and we live long enough we might gain the ability to survive the end of the universe, and then we will control our destiny.
CodeBlackv2

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:12 am

I don't know what the source is on that, but that's all left up to what you think. I personally think Ben Sira was right in his telling of Lilith as the first wife of Adam not Eve. I am not sure what you mean by posting this other than to make the point that even death can be conquered. But again that's still left up to a person's perspective. There is no proof of life after death except those that are already dead. Without proof I'd rather live this life to the fullest as if it is my only one. If I am wrong, I will deal with it when that time comes.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 am

Why is death blaimed on Eve?
Why is Lilith the mother of demons?
It's a man's world.
Dang!
Men must secretly hate the shite out of women, generally.
The female brings life..not death.
females have the womb..not males.
Just sayingg.
it is what it is.

About time and destiny..if you live long enough, if you are observant, you begin to notice strange occurances, ways that your past is linked to yoru present in odd ways.

An example..
My H, as a kid was born and grew up In Buffalo. For some unexplained reason he had a thing for the Vikings football team (in a MAJORS Bills town)
he eventually got over it, and as he grew became a Bills fan. But in some part of him, that loves his inner child, he held onto to that memory. Life took him here and there..and now..seemingly, out of the blue..we live in Minneapolis (a place that neither of us EVER planned on being) he see's his son in a Vikings t-shirt and has flashbacks.

This is just one example that comes to mind for me, right now.

But this happens a-lot..for everybody.

This tells me that cause and effect might work in (at least) two directions..in a way..we don't fully realize yet.

I believe ones life is like a multidimensional jigsaw puzzle..that our intentions..our energy (among other things that i can't quite fathom right now) pulls pieces towards us to put in place..throughout space and time. In a way we can't grasp yet. The past affects the future and the presenet..but also..in some weird..as yet understood way..the future affects the present and the past. They all play off each other in some weird ping-pong kind of way.
Last edited by bionic on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 am

The reason I find the story of Lilith as such an interesting story is because of the weakness of Adam to not lie in a submissive position to her. It shows that despite the sexism of Christianity and society in general, there are strong women that do know their equality to man. God created them both in the same way. But Adam was a bitch and cried to God to give him a trophy wife that was submissive and obedient to him. So God creates one from Adam's own body. The difference in the stories of the Bible and Ben Sira's is way too much like a cover up. If Lilith really were the first mate to Adam and God really did send angels to kill her, it would unwind all the intricate plots Christianity has laid to ensure that a woman stays in her place. Lilith uttered the name of God, thereby had the upper hand against him. So God creates something he can't control despite being omnipotent? I find it such a good story because man proves his own weakness in his attempt to make himself superior to women. If men are that insecure they certainly don't need to be the ones in control. But the creation of Eve was the perfect example of God himself not even wanting a partnership between the two, but just something satiate Adam's whining.

I love a strong woman. I probably am a polar opposite of most men. At least of the ones that I know who look at my treating my wife as my equal (and dominate in some activities hehe) as weak. I just laugh. What my wife and I share is what some men will never grasp. That's there loss though.

(And I so wanted my wife every minute of every day when she was pregnant. Both times. What a hot momma. She was filling the air with pheromones and I just couldn't help myself.)
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Adam..
You are a rare gem, mister
:thumbup:
and there are some serious archtypal energies in that story you shared up there (playing out over and over again)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:50 pm

speaking of Adam and Eve

came across this today..funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKAW96N-Vms&NR=1

things could have turned out differently

also..since I'm on it..
All human embryos start out as female.
All humans have an x chromosone..it's the y chromosone that makes males not females..but all males still have an x chromosone...not so for females
x came first..then y came along, it seems, by dedective reasoning
It's more likely Adam came from Eve's rib.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 am

"Hi I'm Adam." :lol:

That's too funny Ms Bionic.

Didn't think about the chromosome thing. Which is kind of fitting for the topic. I mean technically we couldn't all be destined to be female as the human race couldn't procreate. But it does remind me of the cases where people feel they were born the wrong sex and change it (at least nowadays they can). Or the people that kinda born with both genitalia? Is our gender destiny too? If I'll give destiny one thing, it's I was destined to be a man. Cause women are too fun fr me. Soft and fun. Men are boring and muscley. :D
adamwarlock2099

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts