The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

What are your thoughts on DESTINY?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah, something pre-existed the universe. Something created the universe. And time began when the universe was created, then something existed outside of time. Something before chaos.

"How well it suits all men on the subject of chaos to say that it comes from a shadow which has existed since the beginning." Not bad for 2000 years ago. Ancient man could build pyramids. Modern man cannot. And yet it is modern man who is more arrogant.
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 am

I don't think time began(or ends)..I think everything always was/is/will be/never was, even, maybe
time..it's very linear..linear thinking..to begin to grasp 'geniune reality'..I think..a step towards that..is to get beyond linear thinking..to ultimatley realize..maybe there is no such thing as an 'actual reality'..there's no consensus..just perception..levels(for lack of a better description)..etc...
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:10 am

The thing is, everything that happens in the universe happens because something caused it to happen. The cause comes first, then the effect. You can't re-arrange these events. If you say all things are happening simultaneously then you're no longer talking about time. Your talking about something else. But since Time may not actually be anything at all, you can define it however you like.
CodeBlackv2

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 am

I'd like to think that my life is my own and that my decisions both good and bad are my own as well. So I deserve the rewards I get for good decisions is mine, as the consequences for bad decisions. Any other way, for me, seems pointless.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Its only pointless from God's point of view. You don't know what decisions you are going to make, so its all new to you. Just because you made the decisions that the laws of the universe told you to doesn't mean its not your fault.
CodeBlackv2

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 am

Only the concept of a God that created us with some purpose (ie worship him as the one true God) is the only reason that people have a concept of destiny or a life being controlled outside of our own volition.

Can we not say that without a belief in God, that there would be any reason to think that someone is controlling our lives?
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby bionic » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

hmm...good point
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Some people believe the laws of physics control our lives. That is what atheists say. That is their explanation for how we got here. "Human existence is no more mysterious than birds or trees or water or anything else. Given enough time maybe humans are inevitable." -some atheist I don't remember
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 am

another good point..like that saying about monkeys and typwriters
― William S. Burroughs
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 pm

bionic wrote:another good point..like that saying about monkeys and typwriters

:wave: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5133
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts