The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

visiony/semilucid dream type-thing

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I use to have dreams of amusement parks and carnivals a-lot.
I knew they were representation of life for me.
I had often refered to life as something akin to a carnival ride a soul does to entertain itself(not a new idea)
It had finally gotten to the point that I had made that reference so much it must have entered my subconscious ..because suddenly I was having all these carnival/amusement park dreams..it went on for a few years.
None lately, though.
but of course, now I've brought it up..I'm sure, soon enough I will have one.
sowed my own seed for that just now, i think
Last edited by bionic on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm

:P

I used to have many dreams of carnivals also.
Always wondered what the heck was going on.
Sometimes I would fly off the ride, and other
times they were just straight freaky....rides
I didn't want to be on. :mrgreen:

Interesting interpretation you have of them.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm

This is cool.

Goes with my signature well. Lovely song.

Been processing a lot today. Of energy its purest form. Animus one might call it.

Took this pic this morning

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 pm

at1with0 wrote:none of us is god
but god is one of us

Came through yesterday.
This came in today:
It's like we're creating real life.
That reminds me of that creepy disturbing mark twain mysterious stranger dude who could make life out of clay.

This potentially-disturbing video is what I'm talking about. It's interesting that clay begets clay, life begets life, yet life is the animating force there. I like to go over stuff we've written since not only do I forget what we write, I forget that I wrote. Maybe it's a processing glitch that I sometimes don't recall everything all at once.

The abstractness and oddly eerie feeling I get from the "angel" who calls himself Satan in the video is something I had encountered before seeing this, yet I never attributed to it notions of morality. To it, it is only a display to convey a message, to cut Twain down and shrink him to a point, a center of sorts from which only expansion is possible.

The seed thought that kicked off my journey in earnest was that the universe is just a point, which would mean everything is connected literally in being all one. I don't take that to be literal any longer; I think the thought served me for a time. I tried writing a letter to John Nash (a beautiful mind) as I was reaching. reaching for what I didn't know other than this mysterious and at times elusive thing called truth.

Very rarely does one get to meet the author of their story.
In this case, the author (Twain) of Sawyer's story is physically separate though all this is in Twain's head...
Of course, half the words coming out of the mysterious stranger's mouth is a lie or half of the truth.

http://www.alphaomegadimension.info/pub ... ranger.wmv

Job 1:21
After Job lost nearly everything in his life he responded by saying that the LORD gives and the LORD takes away. He followed this profound statement by praising the name of God.
at1with0

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm hijacking your thread!!

I need someone to tell me why the **** I don't remember any of my dreams, except some seriously messed up ones once in a blue moon.

Actually, the only info I want is how to regularly remember. Because not dreaming is an escape that I don't get, and it sucks a long one.

No reason to fear failure.

I have a very healthy fear of failure, I fail to see what isn't scary about failure.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby bionic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:16 pm

it's not an escape..you either don't get enough sleep OR you get just the right amount of sleep.

This is not commonly or offically known, but it is true..you remember your dreams more if you oversleeep.

It's because, honestly, your body wants to wake up..it's like, "I've had enough sleep" but your will is keeping you asleep because you want to be..this forces and unnatural scenario of conscious vs. unconsciou fighting with each other.

A trick to force this if you are someone that doesn't oversleep is to set your alarm for an hour or two before you want to get up..you wake up a bit and then go back to sleep..then, when you wake up, upon awakening you remember those dreams..you force yourself to either record or write that stuff down..it trains you to start remembering..this is alos one fo the ways to get to semi lucid/lucid dreaming and oobeing, fyi

good luck with it
:)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Hijack away! I like things free-form and not rigid.

Yeah, keeping a dream journal is supposed to increase dream recall..

So this may not be a continuation of earlier dreams.. I dreamed that I was in a grand house, allowed to stay there for a while and it was wondrous. I forget all the details except wandering around exploring. I was busy getting to know the place though I felt like it was unfamiliar territory. Never quite "settled in" before I woke up. There was someone who began showing me locations in the house, a guide if you will.

Most rooms were empty, like the house wasn't populated yet or everyone was away. I came upon a room where they were doing a photo shoot. They were taking pictures of models made to look like mannequins.

Houses/homes are a recurring theme.

In a new scene, a friend of mine was with me in my "usual" house, where I live now. He was offering me a tiny plastic cigarette with a devilish grin; I had the impression that it was a drug in disguise and I wanted it. Often I am offered drugs in dreams and I usually want them.
at1with0

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:48 am

A dream I had a few days ago...As I might have mentioned, serving in a military is a common element in my dreams, as is returning to schools I've attended.

My boss and chair of the math department while I was in grad school was in my dream. He silently invited me to a gathering which I assumed was going to be a special lecture or talk. But I waited around with the audience and the speaker never came. It seemed plausible that I was the guest lecturer, but I didn't stand up and speak.

There was a little village called "red vines" (not the licorice but actual red vine foliage) whose appearance reminded me of a christmas tree farm I saw as a kid.

It was under attack from what I do not know. After a second, I decided and intended to hop over the fence and aid the defense of the village.

Next scene. I never fought anyone in the dream I can recall.
I was given a uniform of military, the lord's navy as I have deemed it as it is a recurring element. It was brown, unlike standard US Navy uniforms - so as to tell me it is definitely not an earthly military. It was basically overalls, a skin of sorts I would wear over my regular clothes. It had medals and pins on it but a distinctly absent name tag. I have no idea how the medals were obtained but I knew the uniform was for me.

After a little while, I decided to wear it.

Today, many hours later (>24), there were two interesting things that happened to kind of alert me to something I know not what. In my game, the scoreboard color codes by class and my character was top on the list and the 2nd under me was the name Navykiller and it was color-coded brown, as that is the traditional color of the warrior class (there are ~10 classes to choose from). (The color of my character's class is light-blue.)

There were a couple of other synchronous events which I won't yet get into.

I'm in the process of deciding what any of it means. Malai once told me that things like this are invitations. I think it might be a knock at the door. But it is unclear who is knocking and unclear how to let them in. If that is remotely close to the message's meaning.

Oh yeah, and I saw a Captain. He was a stranger: no face. Like Rorschach from Watchmen. I was looking straight at his face and I couldn't make out any features. Just shadow. His head was very wide and he had closely cropped, dark hair. I could feel an immense strength within him, and knew that what he had experienced was far more than myself. He commanded my respect instantly and I felt comfortable deciding to serve under him.
at1with0

Postby bionic » Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

I forgot about this thread..it's a good one, too

that aerosmith song comes to mid..
"Take me to the other side"
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

What do you think my dream means? I know what it means to me, but an outside perspective is always welcome. The words progression and acceptance come to mind.
at1with0

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts