The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Sending PM's doesn't work

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby dra600n » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 am

in the latest version of Firefox, at least for me. It kept stating "Enter title" or "enter recipient", even though both were filled out.

PM's can be sent through Internet Explorer, though. Thought this was worth a mention.
dra600n

Postby magonia17 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:52 am

The PM system here is telling me to enter a title even though I have numerous times!
magonia17

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 am

Not sure why this would stop working. Can I ask what version of Firefox you are using? Have you tried a different browser and it worked, or same problem?
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby magonia17 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:53 am

blackvault wrote:Not sure why this would stop working. Can I ask what version of Firefox you are using? Have you tried a different browser and it worked, or same problem?

Im not using Firefox.
magonia17

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 am

I am still researching this, but if you are using Internet Explorer, if you turn "Compatibility Mode" ON, it fixes the issue.

Unfortunately, the newest versions of Chrome and FireFox are now not handling the programming very well, and not seeing data in the forms, even though it's there. I hope to get this fixed soon.

I hate computers ;)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby dra600n » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:29 am

I got your test PM, and I was able to attempt to reply, but when I clicked "Send", nothing happened. My version of Firefox is: 21.0 on this laptop, I'll check the version of Firefox on my other laptop when I get home, and tell you the version of IE I was using (I believe it's 8, possibly 9, but I don't think 9 is available on Windows XP).

Also, in Firefox 21.0, the only way I was able to see the "send" button was by tabbing through everything as the format was all jacked up.

Is this phpBB? Might want to check the CSS and if there's any custom JavaScript, might want to look into that and check to see if there's something that needs compatibility between certain browsers (like AJAX handlers and such).

Edited to add:
If I paid attention the URL, the forums are using phpBB3. Have you done any of the updates to the forum software? I know using a custom template is cause for concern to not update without doing so in a test environment as you don't want your databases to blow up, or have your entire forums go down, but if you want some help with troubleshooting and resolving any issues, I'd be more than happy to help.
dra600n

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, the Firefox version I used was the most recent, and that was version 22.

With IE, if you turn compatibility mode ON, it made it work for me. It's a problem, so I am trying to find a remedy for it... I hope to have one soon!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby dra600n » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Gotcha. My version of Firefox on this laptop is 20.0.1, so I'll install the updates. Thanks!
dra600n

Postby magonia17 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:14 pm

It solved my problem thanks!
magonia17

Postby blackvault » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Unfortunately, not sure if the upgrade on firefox will work, dra600n, but let me know. Either way, I am looking for a better solution to this.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Next

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts