The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Bombing results in WW2

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/lightbox/the-ruin ... 99794.html

The link above shows about 15 photos of ruins from Normandy in 1944. I have said it many times that modern high tech lazer and GPS guided bombs pinpoint targets and ultimately save lives. One only has to look at the rubble to realize inside these buildings were civilians, and why the death toll of WW2 tops over 20 million, some estimates are as high as 50 million. Normandy was the biggest war offensive in history, and we all hope and pray, we never see the likes of it ever again. The Movie "Saving Private Ryan", gave a pretty accurate visual of what you see in these real pictures from WW2.
greeney2

Postby Nigfis » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am

War is not a movie Greeney.......

There is no such thing as a 'smart' bomb.
Your idea that modern bombs are somehow 'safer' then dumb iron-clad bombs is a fallacy proved false by the amount of so-called 'collateral damage' cause in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Surveying the ruins, making plans for Fallujah
Despite ‘pinpoint targeting,’ fight left city in shambles
Nigfis

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:16 pm

The numbers of WW2 prove my point Nigfis. You of all people should understand being victims of indiscriminate V1 and V2 rockets in WW2.
greeney2

Postby Nigfis » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 pm

greeney2 wrote:The numbers of WW2 prove my point Nigfis. You of all people should understand being victims of indiscriminate V1 and V2 rockets in WW2.

Well lets see.......... Your 'smart' bombs were used in and around almost every town and village in Iraq. A million people dead. That's one in every twenty-five citizens of Iraq. Dead.

'Smart bombs' simply don't exist. An explosion is an explosion is an explosion. It doesn't differentiate between soldiers and civilians, guilty or innocent. Men, women or children.

Indiscriminate bombing is exactly that. Indiscriminately used bombs can land anywhere. On buildings, in fields, lakes, parks... anywhere. Your so-called 'smart' bombs are targeted right in the heart of towns and villages. Right in amongst houses in order to reach the 'target'.
The result? Huge collateral damage, but this time, targeted.

Your pictures of Normandy show what you'd expect to see after two whole armies fought over it before the battle moved on. The pictures I have showed of Iraq look pretty much the same, except that only one army passed through. Yours.
Its a mess huh?
Nigfis

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Baloney, this claim is like the ridiculous claim a million are dead from sanctions. You have no proof whatsoever to these numbers.
Last edited by greeney2 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby Nigfis » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:21 pm

To be fair. As I recall, the US-imposed sanctions, which included bans on much-needed medicinal supplies, killed about half-a-million children. No-one said they killed a million as far as I'm aware.
Nigfis

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Baloney, a survey taken of only a few hundred people, which has a heated debate on this board was the basis of the estimates of deaths. It was no where even close to an accurate count.
Last edited by greeney2 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby blackvault » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 am

! blackvault wrote:
Nigfis has been banned due to repeated disrespectful, antagonizing and instigating remarks. He came back only to harass me anyway... account has been banned.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am

In answer to this subject, smart bombs may rile up some people but the simple truth is targets are pinpointed. yes they do have some degree of minimal collateral damage, but when you compare it to carpet bombings of WW2 where death tolls were 20 Million plus, they do save lives. Comparing to one movie depiction of Normany was for no other reason to say, Spielberg captured WW2 accurately with his sets. In the movie "Memphis Bell", a historical fact was written in the final credits. Over 200,000 airmen alone were killed, defending the UK and Europe, in B-25(and other) bombing runs alone over GErmany and Europe. Far more than the USA death toll of Korea, Viet Nam, and all the middle east wars put together. Those were accurate counts of those who did not return, not some ridiculous survey like the sanctions survey, they were real numbers, of just airmen who died from the USA to defend England.
greeney2

Postby wdsdyschild » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 am

I agree greeny2. It was the carpet bombing in WWII that damaged so much infrastructure and killed so many civilians. The young airmen of The Allied Nations were all very brave and true heroes. God rest the ones who never made it home.....
wdsdyschild

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts