The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

How amazing cats are... and how hard it is to lose them

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby blackvault » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 am

5455_113655849371_2918004_n.jpg
5455_113655849371_2918004_n.jpg (50.51 KiB) Viewed 623 times

It's been nearly 15 years. Millions of smiles... Millions of laughs.... Millions of frustrations... and millions of memories.

Today, I had to make one of the toughest decisions of my life. Cancer decided to take one of the most amazing things of my life. Some see a cat. Others see an animal. I saw a best friend. Despite the heart-ache humans give you, animals are selfless... and that was Mocha. They think of YOU long before they think of themselves. They never get angry. They never get mad. They just love. THAT's what they KNOW.

My entire life, I was raised with animals. From horses to dogs - and from cats to chickens - I was raised rescuing animals and giving the best experiences of my life giving animals the best experiences of theirs. Taking an animal from the streets, or from an abused home, and giving them life... that's something I can't explain until you do it first hand.

Mocha I have had since she was literally just days old. Abandoned by her mama, we rescued her from a horrific death being eaten alive by fleas and the realities of "the back alleys." That was nearly 15 years ago. Bottle feeding her back to health with formula, a few lemon-water flea baths later (she was too young for flea shampoo or meds) she was mine to keep. I've had her since I lived at my parents. From my parents home, to the apartment I lived in with my sister; to my first apartment I ever had living in alone, and then to the home I live in currently with my wife - this cat brought me more joy than I could ever thank her for.

Today - cancer got the best of her and I had to say goodbye. The toughest decision I ever had to make was to decide to I let her go before cancer reared it's evil head as it was starting to show. Mocha went peacefully... she want quietly... and she went with the two people (my wife and I) that loved her the most in this world.

Many know me for posting things on Facebook that cause a bit of controversy. Whether politically charged... emotionally charged... or whatever. But today, I hang my head with tears wondering how one tiny animal life could effect a human so much. It makes every other thing just kind of go away.

She saw me graduate from high school. She saw me build The Black Vault. She saw me do countless television interviews (literally on some of them staying in the same room just off camera) and she heard countless radio shows. She was forced to accept my wife (she hated every human but me) and she kept me sane through some of the toughest things I ever went through.

Plain and simple... Mocha is the reason I love animals so much and have been an advocate for animal rescue my entire life. She was the best. She got on top of countless government documents showing me she was more important than any government secret I could ever uncover. And she would never let me forget that.

I hope you all have a chance to experience what I have with such an amazing animal. She will be missed... loved... and appreciated moreso than I can ever explain with words. She purred until the very last breath, and there is nothing I can say but "Thank you, Mocha." And lastly... "**ck you, cancer."
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Not only was Mocha all those things to you, Mocha was a very beautiful cat. She had the most colors of any of our cats, browns, tans, black and patch of white, that were just beautiful.
greeney2

Postby Dragoness » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

So sorry for your loss. When we take on the responsibility of a pet, they become a part of our family and their loss can be just as difficult.
Dragoness

Postby dra600n » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 am

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a cat 2 and a half years ago due to renal failure. I had him since he was born, and acted much like a dog would (follow you around, would "talk" to you, slept next me every night for 10 years). People that only see them as "cats" have never felt the unconditional love these furry critters give you, plus the hours upon hours of amusement. Sometimes losing a pet is harder than losing a family member.
dra600n

Postby bionic » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

My cats have all passed away of old age now (I had six of them for many years) Once, one of them got out and was lost for three days. It was agonizing. A very long three days.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts