The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

how the universe is like a computer program

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:15 am

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 pm

I was in deep thought about this very subject the other night. In my mind's eye, I imagined scientists, using very powerful microscopes, embarked to look deep into the fabric of reality. Beyond molecules -- beyond subatomic particles -- deeper and closer than we can imagine. And in that vision in my head, the scientists discovered that the very basic building block everything is the pixel. Like, they get so close and deep into the material, they see digital, pixelated objects. Sort of like when you stare at your monitor and see what looks like a perfect curve or circle. As you magnify it closer and closer, you realize it is digitized, pixelated, and not a smooth surface at all.

I can't put it into words very well but it was a startling vision I had and I thought it would be a pretty neat thing to happen in a movie. Imagine being the first to discover that everything around us is nothing but a digital production--a virtual reality--made up of pixels so small they can't be seen without Hubble-like microscopes.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:26 pm

And not only how the universe is like a computer program, but also there is the possibility that the program can be rewritten.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 am

Who will rewrite it? Man or God?
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 am

greeney2 wrote:Who will rewrite it? Man or God?

Perhaps one day man will be able to with better technology.
at1with0

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts