The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

Edwards Air Force Base UFO Incident - 7th October, 1965.

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby ____ » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am

The Edwards Air Force Base UFO incident is a pretty remarkable one and, like quite a few other compelling UFO cases out there, it's a great shame it doesn't garner more attention -it states in the History Channel documentary below that the case was so infamous in USAF circles that it was simply referred to as 'The Incident' and involves several UFOs being witnessed by several U.S. Military personnel over a secure military runway and verified by five independent radar installations.

The objects were described as having 'flashing red lights on the bottom and green, glowing lights on top' and were reported to be performing extremely unusual flight characteristics (including right angle turns) over the restricted airspace of Edwards -the pilot of an F106 fighter jet sent up to intercept the objects also stated one UFO gained a 'tremendous amount of altitude' and 'appeared to move right out into space'.

Below are links to government documents, pilot transmission recordings and some very interesting testimony from the air traffic controller Chuck Sorrels who also gives his first television interview about the case in the History Channel programme.

Edwards Air Force Base.

Part 2, 3, 4, 5

Edward J. Ruppelt, former chief of an Air Technical Intelligence Center, reported several incidents of unidentified aerial vehicles with advanced flight characteristics, seen over this secured test facility in the 1950s. A similar event happened on the night of October 7, 1965. And here is the voice of the man who first reported it.

Chuck Sorrels: My name is Chuck Sorrels, a retired Air Force air traffic controller. I'm recording this on May 16, 1995. In 1965, 30 years ago, I was a tech sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, attached to the19 25th Communication Squadron at Edwards Air Force Base in California. I was the air traffic controller on duty in Edwards tower on the night of October 7, 1965. I was working a midnight shift in the tower when at approximately 1:30 a.m., I spotted a group of luminous objects in the air above and around Edwards Air Force Base. They had a flashing red light on the bottom, with a green, glowing light above the red.

They also sometimes flashed or glowed a white light above the green light. The sightings lasted until about daylight, 5:30 or six a.m. At first I sighted one object, which was larger and brighter than the rest. At one point there were seven objects visible at the same time.
The objects would be stationary for a period of time and then move very fast to another location and appeared to be able to climb straight up in short order. Good eyesight and my experience as an air traffic controller made it plain to me that these luminous objects were not planes, helicopters, stars, satellites, weather balloons or any other known aerial object. Your job as an air traffic controller calls for you to be watchful.Training told me these were not normal objects. The objects weren't supposed to be there. These were objects out of the normal, from their appearance and flight characteristics. I reported these sightings to base operations and the Los Angeles Air Defense Sector. The objects were also seen by at least five other people on Edwards Air Force Base. They were also seen by George Air Force Base tower and were showing up on radar in at least four different radar sight locations.

Transcript

Recent Interview:

Chuck Sorrells is a career Air Force military man who was at Edwards Air Force Base in 1965 when not one, but at least seven UFOs appeared over Edwards Air Force Base airspace, moving in extraordinary fashion at enormous speeds, making right-hand turns and other maneuvers which no known aircraft was capable of at the time. This event lasted for five or six hours.

Transmission Recording:

Excerpts

Okay. Captain Clark, uh, Lieutenant Reed?

Yeah.

Uh, we have some confirmed reports of, uh, some unidentified flying objects your area. .

Okay.

Approximately six or more, uh, from Edwards, uh, just south of Victorville, and we'd like to use-- We have information from 28th --- We also have some height-finder cuts from anywhere from 3,000 up to 13. They're moving slowly.

Uh huh.

And they're climbing slowly.

I see.

They're red, white and green flashing lights.

Uh huh.

And, uh, they have been confirmed on radar..

Uh, San Pedro is painting them, uh, three targets, and they're all three around 9,000 feet.

San Pedro's pickin' 'em up at 9,000, huh?

Roger.

What about Boron?

Boron? We're, uh, working with them to see if we can get 'em on 'em now. That's those three little dots out there [OVERLAPPING] and

[OVERLAPPING] Yeah.

I'd say that, uh, there are three definite objects. It's not weather. It's not clutter.

Uh, they, they can see the objects, but they don't see, uh, [SOUNDS LIKE: it's not an aircraft?]

No. They can't tell what they are.

[01:29:02:02]

Uh. Oh. Scramble 'em.

[SOUNDS LIKE: You are scramblin' 'em] [UNINTELLIGIBLE]? [LAUGHS] [SOUNDS LIKE: I'm curious to] find out what the hell they are.

I am too.

And you'd be within your right to scramble 'em, wouldn't you?

I don't know. [SOUNDS LIKE: Be up to me just] [WORD?] I guess.

Well, [UNINTELLIGIBLE].

They're not moving [SOUNDS LIKE: hard] at all. [SOUNDS LIKE: They did?]

They watched 'em for 30 minutes and they didn't move at all and then all of a sudden, boom.

Oh yeah? Hmm. [SOUNDS LIKE: What are they?]

[LAUGHS] Don't know.

Little green men?

Nobody [SOUNDS LIKE: has ever accepted these things yet..

NICAP's Francis Ridge also makes some interesting comments below and describes how the incident is classified as an 'S5P5' - 'S5' because the objects were highly strange and suggest intelligent guidance and 'P5' because the case is highly credible and leaves almost no doubt - he also asks a very pertinent question about missing UFO evidence as there is a lot the U.S. Government is still not releasing about this case.

Up to twelve luminous UFOs flew over this secure test facility and the region, and at least one F-106A interceptor was scrambled from George AFB at Victorville. All of this action was captured on classified U.S. Air Force audio tapes which have now been declassified and are available to the public along with official documentation.

The question in my mind is, what was going on during those 3-4 hours we don't know about? If we were allowed to hear only 6 hours of 40, and read only 17 pages of hard-to-read documents, what is it we were NOT allowed to hear and see? The documents we have make it clear that by the time Alpha Lima Zero One was scrambled at at 1209Z or 5:09 PM PDT, "the activity was just about over.."

The event at Edwards Air Force Base took place over about a five hour period and since the voice recordings were made from at least 8 positions, approximately 40 hours of audio recordings had to have been made. Out of the possible 40 hours of these tape recordings only 6 hours were declassified by the Department of the Air Force.

link

As for the actual objects themselves, the Air Traffic controllers mention towards the end of the transmission that they're 'curious to find out what the hell they are' and I think it's fair to say the case wouldn't have been classified for 30 years for no good reason - the USAF haven't really got the best track record when it comes to honest and objective UFO evaluations (link) and here's what they expect you to swallow about this one:

Official USAF Explanation:

LINKS:

[*] Actual documents (17 pages) from BBfiles - Jan Aldrich - (.PDF file)
[*] Transcription of 17 actual documents above (.PDF file)
[*] An Introduction to the Edwards Encounter - Sam Sherman
[*] The Tape Transcript - Sam Sherman/Francis Ridge
[*] The Edwards Alert Story - Sam Sherman
[*] Darryl Clark, transcribed written statement (.DOC file)
[*] Darryl Clark, statement, actual documents(.PDF file)
[*] Dec. 2000 Testimony of Sgt. Chuck Sorrells - Disclosure Project interview (.PDF file)
____

Postby Taeko » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:49 pm

I have used this as a remote viewing target and the results are surprising. It is night. I see a very large disc space craft land on the Edwards' runway. There is a lot of material and equipment there as well. There is a group of humans standing beside the equipment. A ramp extends from the craft. Small beings whom I call Zetas come out. They are levitating. They cause the boxes and equipment to levitate as well and move it a up the ramp into the craft. The humans also walk up the ramp into the craft. It closes up and the craft flies away.

I summon my channel JROD and she tells me something about this. It is the departure of the 12 American astronauts for the Zeta Reticuli star system. This happened on 7 October 1965. They traveled to the home planet of the Zetas called Serpo. JROD insists that it is the proper name of their home. There is a web site www.serpo.org and a book by Len Kasten on the subject. The basic account of the journey is correct in those sources but according to JROD many of the details are wrong.

The flight time was 270 earth days through a worm hole to travel 39 light years. The astronauts were in a state of hibernation most of the time. When they arrived on Serpo they lived among the Zetas and explored the planet. Twelve years later in 1978 seven of them returned to earth. Two of them elected to remain behind on Serpo and are alive and healthy there to this day. Three died in accidents, but JROD says that their consciousness was immediately transferred to Zeta clones, and these Zeta/humans are still alive there as well. The humans still send messages back to earth, and are the ambassadors of the USA to that planet.
When you can go out and see the universe, who wants to go look at a Russian submarine? (Melvin C. Riley, US Army Remote Viewer)
Taeko

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts