The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

new book out about Scientology

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 pm

a book that just came out about 'the church'...
interesting..
I heard they put out a superbowl commercial? I missed it..did not watch the superbowl
http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 44,00.html
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm

I was surprised a week or so ago to have seen a Scientology commercial on TV. We both noticed it, but I must have missed it on the SB.

I think they are doing some damage control, because of the movie that was out in the last year. I did not see it, but think I recall it was a thing against Scientology.

I remember back in the 60's, they were very controversial, and recall something about rattlesnakes being left in a mailbox, alleged to be by Scientology. My recollections were having to do with L.Ron Hubbord, but not sure. Actually his bio and history in the commercial was impressive.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I personally recognize it as a religion.
AS, with no dispresepct intended to the devotely relgious, that all religions can be labeled as, "cult"
I believe, just like with other relgions, there are levels of belief , fellowship, and interest in doctrine, involved.
There are the dabblers, those who take it more seriously, those who take some but not all of doctrine seriously, the devout, the extremist nutjobs, the ones who use to to gain power and control, etc...

Seems this gal might have had some problems with the more extreme types, the devout, and the power and control types.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts