The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Other Reason to Stop Using Oil

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm

If we are to believe what we've been told by climatologists and the government we should believe that the reason we need to replace oil as our primary energy source is global warming. But, we know that some researchers have lied about their findings. Just recently a big climate research outfit was found burying data about solar output. We know there are political ulterior motives at play with climate change.

But maybe we need some facts. First, solar output went up quite a bit during the 20th century and is believed to be responsible for 25% of the rise in global temperatures. Also, note that solar output has been at an all time maximum since the early 1960's, but has been constant since then. Global average temp has risen a mere 1.1 degrees in the last century. That doesn't sound like much. There is an ongoing dye off of species in the oceans, leading many remaining species like Killer Whales to change their eating habits and migrate north.

But I propose that there is another reason why we need to stop using oil. It is global cooling. Global cooling is a far greater threat than global warming. It is believed that most of the ice ages in history were caused by a drop in solar output, which happens in cycles. And since the Sun has been pegged high for decades that can mean pretty much one thing. It is going to start dropping.

If we use up all the oil now, which we know is the biggest contributor to greenhouse gases then we won't have any left when we really need it in the future, when temperatures are plummeting. We won't be able to stop the next ice age but we might be able to slow it down long enough for us to prepare for the inevitable, an ice age that may last 100,000 years.

The good news is that astronomers have found vast regions of space containing hydrocarbons. Hmm, interesting since oil is supposedly from fossils. But we might be able to collect some of those nasty hydrocarbons in the future should we need them. But it still makes sense to save what oil we can right here at home.

Another potential use for oil in the future might be to terraform Mars.
CodeBlackv2

Postby Kybasser » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 am

That was quite an amusing post, and I enjoyed it greatly. But what is lost is that much of it is spot on, and I've been in agreement with you for a very long time.

Back in the mid 70's, my science teachers were talking about how many biologists and climate scientists were predicting a coming ice age. We were going through a cooler than normal cycle then, according to my teachers.

Now we are said to be going into global warming, and this past summer was said to be the hottest ever. However, they didn't use temps collected in the 1930's. For instance, we broke many heat records here last summer, but the records broken all came from either 1935 or 1936. The vast majority of records not broken were from the same years. That begs the question, why did they only collect data from 1950 and forward?

First, I'd suggest the concern over the accuracy of instruments in our early history. We have continued to improve the accuracy of these instruments.

Second, I'd point to the fact I was trained as an analyst for one of the top five grocery manufacturers here in the U.S.A.. I was taught, if this years numbers don't compare favorably to last year, compare the year before, or to continue going back until you have a good story to tell. In other words, I was taught first hand... "Figures never lie, but liars figure." I can take just about any set of data and craft a favorable story, that was what I was trained to do. Sometimes I would refuse to do this, as I felt it was not in my customer's interest. Perhaps that contributed to my forced early retirement. Who knows???

That said, if global warming is caused primarily by mankind, who caused the global warming that ended the last ice age some 10,000 years ago? A possible scenario is in the thread about 3-D printing a moon base... tease inserted...LOL

Let me be clear about this, I hate to see any species go extinct. I have sympathy for the plight of the polar bear, I really do. But consider that at least 97% of all species that have existed on planet earth have gone extinct. That really points to a poor outlook for just about all species, including mankind.

Hey, the original post was a much more enjoyable read, as it was at least presented humorously, but the facts are the facts.

Also, I really think we have the technology to have vehicles run on fuel other than oil, but considering the fossil fuel industry has the richest lobby in D.C., and that they can buy up just about any patent and lock it away in a vault, I don't see us changing anytime soon.

Danny
Kybasser

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes, the oil industry has a lot of control today but throughout the 20th century it was the government in control, keeping energy prices down. Eventually oil companies' owners gave up and sold out because they couldn't make any money. Then when new players came along the profits went sky high. Then the leftists complained and got gov to start down this green energy path and attempt to regulate oil out of business. Round and round we go, it's all b.s.

Wait long enough and the earth will become uninhabitable as it has in the past. The only question is how long do we have to prepare.
CodeBlackv2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts