The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Black Thursday (Thanksgiving)

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby En-Lugal » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 am

That is essentially what retailers have created. I thought this was supposed to help ease the stress and congestion of Black Friday. Let me tell you what it has done as I experienced it first hand. It was Black Friday, only on Thanksgiving, that's what it was! Hours of boredom and tedium followed by moments of sheer chaos and panic. These people behaved like a bunch of savages. I weep for humanity, I truly do. I was given the privilege of standing near the video games to clean up any mess and remove empty pallets to prevent slips, trips and falls.

The pallet with the X-Box display exploded and was evaporated in two minutes flat. They tore the display apart and threw it into the air. I watched all of this unfold from behind the crowd on a back wall. The associate who lifted the top off the pallet was basically mauled and disappeared in the melee. I spent the first part of the evening bored as hell looking for things to do. The second part of the evening was mostly spent breaking down cardboard displays and crushing them.

The few trips I made to the sales floor were to get more empty pallets and displays. There were plenty of emotional breakdowns by associates and management alike, as there always is. I get home and there is no pie. NO PIE!!! :wall: It's times like this that I think an impacting comet would be a good thing. Happy freaking Thanksgiving or should I say Black Thursday!
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby greeney2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:56 am

Working in the retail business is something everyone should experience to have "walked a mile" in someone else's shoes. Same can be said about being a server in a restaurant, or any service business. You get to see it all, and like you did yesterday at the price of missing out on your own family and celebrations. My daughter in Law is an RN so has shifts on the holidays, and goes from joy and happiness to caring for those who may not see tomorrow. They try to divvy the days up, so you do get your primary day, but duty calls, hospitals work 24/7 365 days a year.

Last year they had in incident at the Walmart near us where a shopper camping for days, got into a fight and maced someone, so this year they limited the number of campers. It was a woman, not even men fighting. No way is there anything, anyone sells that would make me camp out for days on a cement sidewalk, just to get 50% off, or not have to wait a few weeks for it. People can act like complete and total idiots, only because those people in a frenzy over a game or doll, are idiots. If the stores were smart, nobody would get to fight over stripping the racks, of the things they know will drawn a frenzy, It should be a lottery or drawing on those items, anything but a "free for all" and panic.

I am all for those who want to get into the Christmas tradition of shopping, but not like that. They seem to enjoy this day for shopping and finding good deals. Humanity is not all gone so don't use them as your yardstick. Hard not to when last year we saw video of people stealing outside Christmas decorations off a house that was one of those totally outdone houses, everyone goes to see.

So with that said, I can wait to take a little Christmas light drive this year and get into the mood. :D

No Pie, that is criminal you were not saved a piece! :( I read something I though was amazing on a neighbors facebook, who works at a local CoCo's. If you do not know about them they are a chain restaurant known for pies and deserts. Her daughter had to work a 12 hours day wens, because she had to help box up 2000 pies. Wow, that is a lot of pies for only one location, imagine how many pies got sold for Thanksgiving.
greeney2

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts