The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

why do you think people come to BV forum

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby pandasex » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:31 am

this is an honest question....i was thinking to myself "why do i come here?"

now before ppl tell me to F off. When i was thinking about this i was just tired of all the fighting that occurs here sometimes (im included). but when i read the UFO section and get a link to a place i was unaware of and when someone truly makes me think of a different vantage point.....i know why i come here.

so why do you think (yourself and others) come to the BV forum??
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby BloodStone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 am

I come here to see pandasex :mrgreen:

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:07 am

Good question, and look how many people signed up again, that had reached this being a bad daily habit? Seriously, does anyone think they would have made better use of their time, doing something constructive for the same hours everyday? Does anyone ever think that in 10,000- 40,000 posts, you generated enough thought, energy, and passion to write a book instead? For what, only to find insults and arguments, not to mention disrespect for an opinion.

Many people changed their names because they felt their old names were targets. That ends up like being banned and coming right back, everyone figures it out sooner or later. Some admitted right away they changed theri names.

The bigger question is why do people (myself included) get so riled up arguing over an opinion from an annonomous name, from an annonomous location, and think they will ever change them? Maybe I'm the same way on opinions, but at the end the day, only thing you can really maintain with these formats is your credibility. Once you loose your credibilty, your ficticous name means nothing in my opinion.
greeney2

Postby pandasex » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 am

[quote="BloodStone"]I come here to see pandasex :mrgreen:

BloodStone...[/quote]

Thats very sweet of you
BURNING MAN, burning man, BuRnInG mAn,
pandasex

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:46 am

The bigger question is why do people (myself included) get so riled up arguing over an opinion from an annonomous name, from an annonomous location, and think they will ever change them? Maybe I'm the same way on opinions, but at the end the day, only thing you can really maintain with these formats is your credibility. Once you loose your credibilty, your ficticous name means nothing in my opinion.

Good post here Greeney, there are a few reason but the number one is simple. It's the internet and people are behind the mask. Most in person are nothing like they appear to be on line.

Just like opinions, those opinions are not so tightly held onto in person. Been there, done that, have the tee-shirt.

Without GOOGLE 90% of the posters would have no opinion simply because they have no knowledge of the subject material without it. Sadly that allows way too many pissing contests to take place, and usually over nothing important. At least not to the naked eye anyway! ;)

Many questions I ask on line are met with immediate responses, yet those same questions asked in person are generally met with either blank stares or further questions!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby inja » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am

I remember when I first discovered the BV (way, way back when) and it fascinated me what the discussions where about. Somethings I had never heard about and some topics that spoke right from my heart the way I felt about what was happening in our world.

Back than there was a whole different set of people around and the conversations back than simply opened a part of the world to me I didn't take time to look deeper at before discovering the BV.

Learned a lot, did a lot of my own research which has helped shape my opinion.

9/11 increased my activity here at the BV of course.

Today I just pop in and out for my fix. It is no longer the only forum I check out but pretty much the only one I post at. Forums are great. So many different people from so many different places that post all kinds of tidbits that would be impossible to discover on your own is one of the reasons I love the BV as well as other forums.

One of the other reasons I love coming to the BV is that there are some of the old timers still around and after so many years I have gotten to know some of them more personal due to the different subjects and it is nice to see that they are still around alive and kicking and still sharing part of their lives here with us.

The other reason I come around is to see what screamzero is up to. ;)
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Questioner101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 am

Probably because folks "enjoy" the membership here...regardless of testiness and battles....that just hones the typing skills. Debate is the spice of life, on this board...and the freedom, (while still following the rules) is refreshing.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 am

True words Cole, that none of us are like we are on the board, in person. I hope! :lol: I find thats true in company emails, where people get off the wall, pointed, rude and direct. thats a subject in itself, what emails and texting do to people.

One night Computer Guy, me and was it you Evutch, all got togather on the chat line. we agreed to leave the board squabbles out of it, and we really have a great time talking. we talking about fishing/camping/cars. Even maelstrom and I have found common ground talking about puttering around in his workshop or my garage. Inja and I disagree, but we have talked about her motorcycle and she has always been respectfull also. Thats both the good and bad part about having secret identities. You want to get to know people but you really don;t know who anyone is. Thats why the credibility factor is the only thing anyone has, to represent their true selves.
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 am

Now under the nickname MrsHumphreys, the fact that Shannon met her husband here on The Black Vault, AND they have had a kid together

Our very own cupid. :lol:

We could set you up as some sort of internet god! :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:59 am

If the Blackvault had a picnic for registerd posters it would be a combination of weddings, hugging and saying "I love you man". some yelling and cussing, and Maelstom in the corner saying "any body Jewish here". :lol:
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts