The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Black Vault Website & Forum Support

Getting logged out

Need help? Do not know how to do something? Ask here! You may find your issue already addressed, so make sure you read through some of the threads already in existence.

Postby inja » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Before I post another long response just to discover I was logged out....is there a place under the control panel where I can change the setting to not get booted out. It's a pain having to rewrite everything. This happened now twice today. Or is this problem on my end?

I see someone else asked the question but was a solution ever found?
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby blackvault » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

Hi Inja,

The board is programmed to automatically log you out after a certain period of time, but it shouldn't be the time it takes to write a long post. I will have to look up the exact time... but I think it MAY be on your side as a security precaution.

Can I ask what browser you are using?

It is a common recommended practice that if you are going to take a while to write a post due to it's length, then using a word processor or even notepad to write it is a good idea. Reason is, most boards will log you out if you are 'idle' for some time. Granted, you aren't idle... but the computer obviously doesn't see you typing, therefore it logs you out.

Unfortunately, it's more common for people to not log themselves out, therefore causing a security issue, vs. those taking a long time to write a post, so the precaution is needed (for your protection, as well)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby inja » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi there...I've decided it would be best to use word. I use Safari. Anything else does not allow me to log onto your forum on all my computers. It's weird and I know we discussed this in the past. As a matter of fact I just logged in went to reply to you and had already been logged out.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby blackvault » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 am

Inja, it sounds like a security setting on your browser not allowing cookies to be stored.

You may want to go to internet security options, and push the button to revert to default settings and see if that works. But, that's what it sounds like.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Return to Black Vault Website & Forum Support

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts