The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Sweden in ancient times

Here, you can discuss the Mayans, Atlantis, the Aztecs and other ancient and lost civilizations.

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 am

I saw a documentary yesterday about the Roman empire vs the Barbarians.
They talked about Hermann the Germanian and Trajanus the Emperor of Rome who 100 years after the humiliation the Germanians did on Rome´s legions made his revenge be slaughtering germanians.

Anyway.
It was fascinating to hear that Goths were descendants from Sweden and maybe Norway.
And they invaded Rome well East-Rome when it was on it´s peak of power although they had problems with the West-Rome at the same time.
They owned the sh*t out of Rome :twisted: :lol:
I guess Sweden did and probably still have balls somewhere... :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Mr_Headshot » Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 am

Get this book
http://www.amazon.com/Sagas-Icelanders- ... 0141000031

It's simply epic. It says Icelanders but it deals a great bit with Sweden, obviously.
Mr_Headshot

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 05, 2009 8:46 am

Thx for the suggestion Mr.headshot :mrgreen:
I`ll try to get it.
Dark-Samus

Postby Mr_Headshot » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

No problem man, also, it's a beautiful book. The cover is stunning in person. Great addition to any library.
Mr_Headshot

Postby joequinn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Dark-Samus, you might want to read one of the wildest novels that I have ever read, the late Gary Jennings' Raptor. The protagonist of this novel, which is set in the last days of the Western Empire and the early days of the Eastern Empire, is an absolutely unique individual in the history of fiction, and only Jennings' genius as a novelist makes the narrative plausible.

The reason why I mention this novel is because one of the many journeys that Thorn makes in the course of it is to Sweden in order to determine the true origin of the Goths. Where the protagonist goes and what the protagonist finds there turns out to be quite surprising... :D :D :D
joequinn

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Nice, I`ll look it up aswell joequinn :mrgreen:
Dark-Samus

Return to Ancient & Lost Civilizations

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts