The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

"Taxi to the Dark Side" excellent documentary

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby cormac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 pm

hi everyone :)

i just stumbled on and watched a very well done and disturbing video called "Taxi to the Dark Side" ... it's from 2007 and not sure how i have missed it for this long but it discusses the approved torture of the bush administration ... how it came about, how it escalated, the torture in the prisons in afghanistan and gtmo, and so forth ... excellent and thoroughly documented with the NY Times reporter who cracked open this shameful US policy and the murders that occurred up to the time of the video ..

have a watch ... you can find a copy on youtube, etc, and it's also out on dvd and i'd think that netflicks would have it ...
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Think Obama tortured anyone, he hasn't shut the doors yet? Remember when they started Gitmo, and everyone said they would be hanging people everyday. You havn't had a trial yet, let alone a hanging. 3 people were waterboarded!
greeney2

Postby cormac » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm

greeney2 wrote:Think Obama tortured anyone, he hasn't shut the doors yet? Remember when they started Gitmo, and everyone said they would be hanging people everyday. You havn't had a trial yet, let alone a hanging. 3 people were waterboarded!

yes greeny right you are ... none of this stuff has stopped ... does anyone really believe that when Nixon said our 'offensive' bio-chemical weapons programs were closed down that they actually did? of course not ... these prisons, and the many 'shadow' prisons (for lack of a better term) that are in other countries who don't have any laws against torture still exist ...

an excellent book on all this aspect btw, the carrying of prisons by lear jet to these shadow prisons is "Ghost Plane" by Stephen Grey ... he tracked the planes thru the air bases to first prove the CIA was taking these guys to other countries and turning them over to the 'professional interrogators' (read torture experts and practitioners) in the 'friendly' countries that have no laws against torture ... so again, with a little bit of semantics, "we", the usa, isn't torturing them ... these people in these other countries are torturing them... we just fly them there and drop them off and wait outside for word of info extracted from them ...

this is truly one of the saddest, sickest, and most unamerican acts in the history of our country ...

and to top it all off, it doesn't work ... you can't get good intel from torturing a person ... veteran cia, fbi, etc, interrogators have said time and time again that you can torture anyone enough to admit anything ... it just means they've been tortured to the point where they will say anything to make it stop ...

but the sick twisted bastards in the bush admin, and the ones who took over as well, think this is the BEST way ...

gutless ... cowards ... fascists ...
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 am

We have allowed this to divide the country, and nobody would have ever known if instead of capturing them and bringing them to gitmo, we would have been better off, dropping them all out of the airplane midway to Cuba. NOne of them would have been any loss to the world, adn the worst one their, they will never be able to give a trial. Many of the ones we let go, lived to terrorize another day, and a few were killed doing so back in their country.
greeney2

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts