The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

prayer ...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby ricardo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 am

is there a ' set point ' when prayer becomes magical thinking ?
and or 'medically ' an dangerous illness. ?

DR : do you pray ?

patient : yes

DR : and miracles ?

patient: yes

DR : how long have you had magical thinking ? ( delusions )

patient : since I can remember.

Dr : notes- patient suffers from acute psychosis. w/ delusions. no hullucinations
patient states... prescribe 1 line anti psychotics . re evaluate in 15 days.
ricardo

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 am

This is actually a very good subject to talk about. I am very sure the opinions about prayer will be as divided as the believer and non believer arguments, and probably for the same reasons.
greeney2

Postby ricardo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

weigh in brother, as a wise man once advised me.

we can see how big brother / the state / the man, will find " control "

of the people easier , if dissidents are mellow jellow. neutralized other than dead
NOD...

or explore the spiritual aspect there's room.
ricardo

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Why didn't the patient as the Doctor is he believed in prayer in your parody? Not exactly sure what big brother and mind control has a thing to do with prayer. Do you have a serious opinion about praying? Lets hear it and open up the discussion to the real reasons we pray, if prayers are herd, or if prayers answered, or if prayers is any different than deep thoughts or higher levels of thinking?
greeney2

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 am

to me, prayer is simply a more formal form of directed energy/intent
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:18 am

It's communion with God, is what it is. Prayer as a form of directed energy is more like spell-casting.

Read your messages! I'm trying to talkatcha.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 pm

A doctor once told me that Jesus turned water into wine.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 pm

We pray most of the time in silence, we do not always kneel, but place our hands togather, usually bow our heads and address God first. Sometimes we say formal prayers, and sometimes we make a Confession, and sometimes we talk with God about issues in our lives or the day. Sometimes we pray outloud, when we say grace, or pray as a group, its a different kind of prayer in a way.

What about when we are just thinking, or having thoughts in our minds through out the day? Is that also a prayer? When we silently think, I hope the car starts, or the weather is nice, or we do our best where we are headed, are those also not prayers? We don't need to talk to ourselves, so when we have those kind of thoughts, are we not praying to God for things to work out right that day? We are either thanking God for blessings or asked God for help or guidance with our thoughts. Without really giving thought to it, we live with God in our lives everyday, otherwise what purpose is there for thoughts, we know the answers to already. We know the car will start, we will do good that day, and that the weatherman already told us the forcast. Yet we still silently coorespond with God everyday with silent thoughts and reactions, such as the test or interview going well, Thank You God I passed my test. We get someplace without traffic accidents happening in bad weather, we are thankful for, or we forgot our jacket and the 2 minute delay avoided a crash just ahead of you. Our silent thoughts are usually one directional, since we do not answer ourselves and say back "Don't worry the car will start", so are we really praying in our minds with our quiet thoughts, including God in our daily activity? Maybe this is all part of everyones personal relationship with God on a daily basis. Certainly no way to proove otherwise by any scientific test.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Prayer comes in many shapes and sizes.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 am

One time during a really powerful experience, while at work, I got on my knees in my office and prayed to say thank you to God. One of my coworkers walked by and acknowledged what I was doing.

I felt so embarrassed!!! Because I felt like either (a) the guy walked off thinking I'm a silly nutcase, or (b) it might have looked like I was intentionally trying to be seen praying so that the onlooker would think I'm special.

It's just that when the thing happened, I was driven immediately to my knees in thankful prayer, and didn't even think about what was going on around me.

I've since learned to control myself a little better. At least I shut the door so no one can see... :thumbup: :lol:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts