The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What Ya'll Watchin'

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Now that we can do youtube links (thanks John, this place rocks!) -- I'm thinking a thread for our favorite movie clips would be good.

I'm big time into movies -- especially the ones that flew under the radar, I call them "sleepers" ... those relatively unknown movies that rock your world.

So let's share some clips and special moments from movies that at the same time, we are recommending others to watch.

No spoilers, please. I like to be immersed and surprised by the movies I watch. :)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 pm

My favorite movie of all time is The Matrix. No, it's not because everyone else liked it, it's because of the deep, rich, satisfying philosophical content. The sci-fi and martial arts stuff and the awesome special effects... they were just icing on the cake.

Here's one of my favorite scenes -- most people don't realize until I tell them... this is an ingenius, perfect portrayal of the Evangelical Christian mindset... whereas the "Matrix" to the Christian is ... the non-spiritual world around us.. where demons (i.e. "agents") roam freely in, out, and among the unwitting....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ok this is not good. I can't imbed any of the available videos. So click and watch via youtube please. It's only 48 secs.

Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:40 am

"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

Not bad, amigo.

Ok this one is from another one of my all-time favorite movies and I think maybe at1 has seen this clip.

Be forewarned: There are some racial slurs in this clip. And they aren't gratuitous, they add to the realism. But let's just say the *n* word is used a lot. If you can get past that, then this scene should entice you to watch the movie.

It was Tarantino's first big movie, yet, many people have not seen it. There are more famous actors in this movie than any other than I'm aware of. Some, i.e. Samuel Jackson, don't last more than a couple minutes before they meet an untimely end.

The backdrop is: Christopher Walken is a mob boss. He's looking for a kid that (unwittingly) made off with his dope after a gunfight with some thugs. The kid (Christian Slater) thought he was grabbing his girlfriend's belongings in a suitcase. What he ended up with was a suitcase full of cocaine worth hundreds of thousands. Dennis Hopper is the kid's Dad. The kid just visited Dad on his way to California to unload the dope. His Dad is a security officer now, but used to be a cop.

Christopher Walken, mob boss, is desperate to find the kid and his dope. So it's time to interrogate Daddy and find out where the kid went....

This is a fairly lengthy cllp, but, it is very much worth it. Believe me.

frrostedman

Postby bionic » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 am

Great thread idea!!
we should be able to post tv shows, too..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luui7KGzciY
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby ricardo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 am

does eye candy go in this catagory ? i like surprises...
dont matter if we embed in other threads. -cool by me . -
cartoon entered for your enjoyment. -matrix great movie.
ricardo

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I have to catch up but I'll post this in the interim.

It may not play in all countries.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby ricardo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm

refer maddness ( cult classic)
ricardo

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 pm

at1with0 wrote:I have to catch up but I'll post this in the interim.

It may not play in all countries.

blocked by warner bros. :(
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:58 pm

ricardo wrote:refer maddness ( cult classic)

Um, I'm thinking a 70 minute clip is asking a little much. Especially for an old, warn-out 1937 movie. :think:

:lol: :lol:

Got anything shorter? A clip of a special moment in the movie?
frrostedman

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts