The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

Its starting to look a lot like Christmas, in hell

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Fires, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, coldest years on record, hottest years on record, one would think we are on our way to fulfilling ancient prophecy. The world's economy in shambles, revolution breaking out in the middle east, other wars dragging on, terrorism on the rise, and the world is headed in no real direction politically. Add the rise of China, one of the most warlike nations in history, and religious fanatics trying to take over the world and you have a recipe for Armagheddon. Then add to this evil stew the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and nations slipping away from their founding principles and you are ready for just about any outcome imaginable.

Or is it just me?
CodeBlackv2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Add the rise of China, one of the most warlike nations in history

The US also fits that description.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Except that in history when China went to war with other countries it was for the purpose of taking them over and enslaving the population. The US did not take over Germany, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq. And the wars that the US has fought were forced upon it, not generated by it.
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Fires, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, coldest years on record, hottest years on record, one would think we are on our way to fulfilling ancient prophecy. The world's economy in shambles, revolution breaking out in the middle east, other wars dragging on, terrorism on the rise, and the world is headed in no real direction politically. Add the rise of China, one of the most warlike nations in history, and religious fanatics trying to take over the world and you have a recipe for Armagheddon. Then add to this evil stew the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and nations slipping away from their founding principles and you are ready for just about any outcome imaginable.

Or is it just me?

I know, right?
INSANITY!!
it's like reality had a breakdown.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 am

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Except that in history when China went to war with other countries it was for the purpose of taking them over and enslaving the population. The US did not take over Germany, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq. And the wars that the US has fought were forced upon it, not generated by it.

Yeah we have never fought or started a war for our best intentions. We remain white as snow.
"That's the problem with drinking ... If something bad happens you drink in attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen." -- Charles Bukowski
adamwarlock2099

Postby at1with0 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:15 am

:clap:

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Add the rise of China, one of the most warlike nations in history

I haven't looked it up, but I wonder how many conflicts (euphemism for wars) China has been in versus the US in the last 50 years.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 am

Has China ever liberated another country from invasions, attacks, or take overs? Lets count those too.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 am

greeney2 wrote:Has China ever liberated another country from invasions, attacks, or take overs? Lets count those too.

They're at least wise enough to not get involved, saving them a lot of money and lives that we throw down the toilet.
at1with0

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 pm

at1with0 wrote:I haven't looked it up, but I wonder how many conflicts (euphemism for wars) China has been in versus the US in the last 50 years.

I'm pretty sure we're three up on them, unless you want to count The Bay of Pigs, Grenada, and our hand in Bosnia.

Violence wise, I reckon China might have the upper hand.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Well 50 years isn't a long enough to compare. It looks like some of you aren't on board for the WOT.
CodeBlackv2

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts