The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Aid to everyone except our own country

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I believe all countries have a duty to aid in famine, but it just urks me that while our Congress can not pass a bill for our own budget, at the snap of a finger another $105M is going to Somolia. $565M this year to the Horn of Africa.
How much of that actually gets to the table in the form of food is another subject.
We help everyplace in the world, but are helpless for the people inside this country. We have homeless people roaming the streets, millions unemployed, natural disasters all over this country that never get a penny in aid.

US gives $105m more for famine relief
2011-08-09 10:00

Read more stories about
Africa droughtSomali drought: Tanzania donates food - 10 Aug
Marley, celebs to aid African crisis - 09 Aug
US gives $105m more for famine relief - 09 Aug
Aid lands in Mogadishu as fighters retreat - 08 Aug
Residents flee Somali rebel clashes - 08 Aug
Kenyans fundraise for drought, rap govt - 08 Aug
Somali rebel retreat prompts hope and fear - 08 Aug
Kenya: Jill Biden to visit famine refugees - 08 Aug
Fighting erupts in Somali capital - 07 Aug

Washington - The United States is giving an additional $105m in humanitarian aid for the Horn of Africa, where famine is spreading in Somalia, White House spokesperson Jay Carney said on Monday.

The money, from US President Barack Obama's Emergency Relief and Migration Assistance Fund, will provide "urgently needed food, health, shelter, water and sanitation assistance to those who desperately need help", Carney said.

The United States has provided about $565m in humanitarian aid so far this year, he said.

About 3.6 million people are at risk of starvation in Somalia and 12 million people across the Horn of Africa, including in Ethiopia and Kenya, the United Nations says.
greeney2

Postby thunder » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:18 pm

i know many, many, people that feel the same way, im one of them. help our own country FIRST we have many hungry children to, thay dont seem to count. thus the anger over this hand in the cookie jar system of ours.
thunder

Postby bionic » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:38 pm

it's like the flight attenedents tell you on a plane..if the oxigen masks come down, you must put your on first, even before your child's..you can't help anyone else live if you are dead.

KWIM?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby ricardo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 am

bionic wrote:it's like the flight attenedents tell you on a plane..if the oxigen masks come down, you must put your on first, even before your child's..you can't help anyone else live if you are dead.

KWIM?

I agree. I think the numbers stated are way too low. don't include
' alternative funding sources', food, military aid , equipment, and training.
Israelians , Egyptians, Jordan, etc... aid in the billions.

I do believe , fair international trade and engagement is beneficial for America.
non-withstanding , politicking necessities like food and humanitarian aid.
blockades (acts of war) have an negative impact on Americas reputation , both here and abroad. is it because these countries America once supported
openly. negate the rule of law and embrace evil for the benefit of the 1/2%
ers at the top? Americas love affair with the ruling class of other countries,
w/out balance to their form of government , style, transparency, and
expense of American power and prestige in the world. why is that ? instead of defending and protecting American values through education and equality. we supply dictators w/ weapons to beat down , repress and dispossess the people.

these polices though well intentioned ? drive radical elements and contribute
to the embrace of an lack in the rule of law. where does this sort of motivation.
emanate from?
ricardo

Postby ricardo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:25 pm

well because 'we' voted such wonderful people into office. I have to take some responsibility. I received an survey via mail which was decidedly
anti Obama in slant(policies) taking no resonsibilty . and focus is mostly domestic issues. seems like in the middle of the night in closed sessions.
work gets done of an international flavor. in the light of day. it's all local
politics and 'where did the money go' shell game? blame on Obama.

I've found in my local area. it's actually very difficult to vote. w/ poor coverage
of elections, and decidedly either denominationally represented, and never
neutral in setting (I like mine secular) dig this. my voting card location I'm gonna frame. get my drift?

token mention of vets. and no state energy policy of notice or teeth. why?
that will be interpreted as supporting our elected presidents policies .what's good for americans and getting out from under OPEC and the military industrial complex.
ricardo

Postby SWRanger » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

The late Governor George A. Wallace said this in response to about the countries who feel America owns the world.

"Well considering all the money we spend on giving them aid we damn well ought to !!!" :lol:
SWRanger

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm

SWRanger wrote:The late Governor George A. Wallace said this in response to about the countries who feel America owns the world.

"Well considering all the money we spend on giving them aid we damn well ought to !!!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts