The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

MANY WORLDS POSTULATION

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby ghost1384 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Call it what you want the mulitiverse, many worlds, MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, but I want to know if this could at all be possible.

Schrödinger had the idea that if you put a cat in a sealed box with a poison that released at random that if he did not look in the box it meant that the cat must both be alive and dead at the same time. it goes along the lines that each time we make a decision reality splits and we take both choices just in alternate worlds. all in all this is just a paradox in the therory of superposition.

so tell me guys and gals... what are your thoughts.......
ghost1384

Postby bionic » Mon May 02, 2011 8:34 pm

I think it is probable..or maybe, there is a realm in which things are always in a state of possibilty..not quite materialized...until pulled forth (don't know if that makes sense)

It's all very "If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it..blah, blah, blah.."
stuff
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby ghost1384 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 pm

bionic that makes perfect sense... its like paint its just paint until the artist decides its gonna be the mona lisa.

we yet may know i mean look at time slips and i have read a few stories about people literaly disapperaing before others eyes... splits in the fabric that holds us and it together... just speculation of course but its one hell of a thought that there are millions of yous making the exact opposite decisions.
ghost1384

Postby DIss0n80r » Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm

bionic wrote:I think it is probable..or maybe, there is a realm in which things are always in a state of possibilty..not quite materialized...until pulled forth (don't know if that makes sense)

It's all very "If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it..blah, blah, blah.."
stuff

Bionic, that's a fascinating idea.

The question then becomes, what are the mechanics of instantiation?
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby bionic » Mon May 02, 2011 10:22 pm

bionic that makes perfect sense... its like paint its just paint until the artist decides its gonna be the mona lisa.

ooh...nicely put

Indeed (did you see how I used, "indeed"?)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm

I like to think there are many other universes out there. Wherever and whatever
"out there" is.

Any possibilities we can think of. Being the sovereign head of state of America or we're still a part of the very much in existance British Empire. One where aliens have landed and we work in partnership with them. One where Star Trek is not fiction. Or where Neanderthals surivived instead of Cro-magnon.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue May 03, 2011 6:38 am

bionic wrote:

ooh...nicely put

Indeed (did you see how I used, "indeed"?)

Indeed. 8-)
"I can conceive of nothing in religion, science, or philosophy, that is anything more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." ~ Charles Fort
DIss0n80r

Postby ghost1384 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

indeed... do you suppose theres a world where i just said deedin??????
ghost1384

Postby bionic » Tue May 03, 2011 12:10 pm

:lol:

actually the many realities idea is nice to think about..
I'd like to think in some world I'm really letting it all hang out..going to every
ren fair, star trek , comicon convention I feel like..all dressed up the gear/costume
living as a character in a Shrek movie, maybe even
that sounds like a-lot of fun
(I like to think we do stuff like that in the dream world though, I believe we do, especially those of us more adept at lucid dreaming OoBEing and th elike)
:mrgreen:
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby DIss0n80r » Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

ghost1384 wrote:indeed... do you suppose theres a world where i just said deedin??????

WHOOOOOO ARRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE YOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU??? :shock:
DIss0n80r

Next

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts