The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Cryptozoology

What is True Story Behind Mothman?

Sightings of bigfoot, lake monsters around the world, and the chupacabras are just some of the many cryptozoological stories on the rise! Although many of these stories are controversial - some have evidence that defies belief.

Postby shadowcass » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:14 am

To be fair, no one really knows. But I have some thoughts on the subject which I have posted to my MySpace blog which some might find interesting.

It is here if you care to wander over and read it:

http://www.myspace.com/shadowcass/blog?bID=539939149
shadowcass

Postby shadowcass » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:41 am

I have added some further information on Mothman to my wordpress blog---things "too hot for MySpace" you might say :lol:

http://shadowcass.wordpress.com/2010/10 ... s-gothman/

I hope those who are interested in the subject may find this additional information of value.
shadowcass

Postby WarAngel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 pm

My theory on the nature of Mothman it's an alien. It cannot be of Earth origin because we would have seen more than one of them.
Any native life form needs a population to survive. Even if a species were to be reduced to just one there would be evidence of others.

Realistically the only other possibility I can see is that it is a genetic experiment to hybridize human and non human DNA. This would
require advanced science unknown to the mainstream since according to Wikipedia the first sighting was on November 15 1966. If a
human agency was involved then they were up to horrific things. This could still fit into my alien theory as an Earth year and
technological level wouldn't factor in for them.

As for the truth I can only say I don't know for sure. Hopefully this will help get some other theories or investigations going.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby shadowcass » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 am

We have seen more than one of them.

Similar creatures have been spotted all over the world...from England (where it is called the Owlman) to Mexico (where they called it a "Man-Bat" remember...it was only called Mothman originally because "Batman" was copyrighted) to Java (where it is known as the Ahool) to West Africa, where it is known as the Kikiyaon or soul eater or man owl....
shadowcass

Postby bionic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

NA's call it the Thunderbird, right?

seems it shows up for a bit and then is gone again for a while
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby shadowcass » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I was going to respond but the damn website logged me out while I was double-checking my references and I don't feel like writing the whole post again. Nor would YOU if your arthritis was as bad as mine.

So...NO. Native Americans did not call giant owls Thunderbirds. The Thunderbird is either a racial memory of pterosaurs or there may yet be some surviving ones. I don't know and don't care.

Mothman (who really should have been called OWLMAN) is more closely associated with dark magick and death

http://forteanzoology.blogspot.com/2009 ... an-in.html
shadowcass

Postby bionic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 am

intriguing..also, intriguing your post was messed with

A long itme ago..I was walking by a house who'se garage was opne..it was drak in there..i swaer I saw two glowing red eyes staring at me (I was across the street)
It was probably a sterio turned on (you know how some of them, back in the day..had red lights on them)

still..it creeped me the F out..Mothman came to mind
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 pm

shadowcass wrote:We have seen more than one of them.

Similar creatures have been spotted all over the world...from England (where it is called the Owlman) to Mexico (where they called it a "Man-Bat" remember...it was only called Mothman originally because "Batman" was copyrighted) to Java (where it is known as the Ahool) to West Africa, where it is known as the Kikiyaon or soul eater or man owl....

To prove that there is more than one "Mothman" we need evidence of more than one being seen at the same time. Those other things could be different cryptozoololigical creatures that so far have been mistaken for being the same. Either way I'd like to see reliable photographs from anyone.

shadowcass wrote:So...NO. Native Americans did not call giant owls Thunderbirds. The Thunderbird is either a racial memory of pterosaurs or there may yet be some surviving ones. I don't know and don't care.

Another theory I've heard is that the "Thunderbird" was a alien craft that was mistaken for a bird. This claim is backed up by an alleged encounter by Cowboys with a metalic bird like thing.

shadowcass wrote:Mothman (who really should have been called OWLMAN) is more closely associated with dark magick and death

Never heard that one. What are your sources?
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby shadowcass » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Ah, yes...the cowboy story...not THAT again! :roll:

It all goes back to dear old Ivan T. Sanderson who claimed to have a copy of this much faked but never found photo: http://www.prairieghosts.com/tbirdaz.html

As for Owlman, Mothman, Dark Magic and so...read THE OWLMAN AND OTHERS by Jon Downes of the Centre for Fortean Zoology as well as THREE MEN SEEKING MONSTERS (and others) by Nick Redfern

And study the Legend of the Cornstalk Curse over at http://www.prairieghosts.com/cornstalk.html Prairie ghosts always have good introductory info for everyone.
shadowcass

Return to Cryptozoology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts