The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

the big bang

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

all matter was produced from the big bang..when there was no matter in existence before..if there also was no time before then matter cannot have existed..light cannot have existed either..therefore complete darkness ,absolute energy zero and absolute zero temperatures were features of absolutely nothing..

since scientists cant answer their bungle after they have a viable theory for where everything came from..it makes you wonder if tehy were right at all...
chiselray

Postby bionic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm

yep
8-)
I personally believe there is no beginning or ending..there (ironically)is NO such thing as NOTHING, except in theory...
that's not very scientific of me..but like you pointed out..I mean, science is always updating it's theories as new "truths" are discovered.
You have to give science it's credit there..there are no 'absolutes' (assumptions not absolutes)..only 'theories'
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 pm

well according to tiarra (the expert of everything) the big bang is absolute scientific theory...according to his understanding of what that actually means is its the absolute truth..because its scientifically proven..which actually means proven to our understanding of what reasonable doubt is..but for him unfortunately...he has no impartiality when its said to be scientic fact...thats astounding...
chiselray

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 pm

What human experiment ever reproduced the big bang?
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:45 am

The project in CERN and the one in the US comes close to such experiment.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Expert of everything? I'm speechless, thank you for that. But I assure you, I'm not an expert in much of anything, I'm merely familiar with some things.

The "Big bang" theory, IS a scientific theory....
And you're completely incorrect in your assessment of that theory, there WAS matter and energy in existence before the big bang, it was simply condensed into a singularity. Which exploded.

according to his understanding of what that actually means is its the absolute truth..because its scientifically proven..which actually means proven to our understanding of what reasonable doubt is..but for him unfortunately...he has no impartiality when its said to be scientic fact...thats astounding...

And, no. Not quite. That would be religion, science is always tweaking and tuning theories to match up with new evidence. This is why religion has given us nothing of use of several thousand years and science has put us in space and given us medicine and computers in a short few hundred years. Because it's objective is to learn, not preach regardless of blatant falsehoods in what it says.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Tairaa wrote:And, no. Not quite. That would be religion, science is always tweaking and tuning theories to match up with new evidence. This is why religion has given us nothing of use of several thousand years and science has put us in space and given us medicine and computers in a short few hundred years. Because it's objective is to learn, not preach regardless of blatant falsehoods in what it says.

Religion has given us a nice set of moral guidelines and a hope for an afterlife. I understand that Religion has ALSO caused a lot of suffering and unneeded hate, but to say that it's not put anything on the table is a falsity.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 am

Religion might be alot of things but it certainly is not anything to be used to find the truths of the universe.
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:01 pm

It was also not intended to, however maybe there are many clues in biblical history, which we know only dates back 5000 years of so. It was still only 500 years ago science thought the earth was flat, so clearly since the days of the Pyrimids science didn;t learn much in 4000 years. It wasn;t until 175 years ago science hadn;t figured out the wheel enough to invent the lathe, which started the industrial revelution. Until only 100 years ago science didn;t figure out how to fly. Science didn;t figure out how to goto space until 50 years ago. Science didn;t figure out much of deep space until the last 15 years with the Hubble Telescope. Science hasn't figured out clean fuels, alternative fuels, or how to bring back countless creatures that have gone exinct. Science hasn;t figured out cures for many deseases yet, and not can;t figure out global warming.

Seems to me that with all the things Science has not been real fast about, I'm not betting my soul and salvation, that Science has disproven God. Maybe they are discovering the method of creation from the Bible, when there was no time, and a Day to the creator was Eons long. The religions and the Bible tell who created, Science may figure out how. One doesn;t dismiss the other IMHO.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:00 am

I don't know where scientists stand, When it comes to me however, I do not use science just so I can disprove God or whatever.

That isn't even on my list to do things.
To me science is the best way to find truths yet to be revealed.

And unlike most I so do not think we've reached 10% of our technological potential yet so I will not say science knows everything today.
One day unless the stupid apes destroys this only world we have.
Dark-Samus

Next

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts