The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Do these guys really think soda and pizza are the main cause

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby jdchaser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

of obesity?

I don't really think this is the answer. Really I don't. (Probably not going to help)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100308/hl_nm/us_food_tax
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:03 am

Fat is fat, and it doesn't know if its in a hamburger, Pizza, or the finest Lobster on your plate.

The team estimates that an 18 percent tax on these foods could cut daily intake by 56 calories per person, resulting in a weight loss of 5 pounds (2 kg) per person per year.

Altering you intake by 56 calories per day would not loose an ounce unless your calorie intake was strictly monitored to an exact level under your calorie outtake, like 1200 calories per day measured 24/7 for 365 days. 56 calories amounts to about one bit of a candy bar. Most people who do not measure calories and fat grams daily would never notice a 56 calorie difference when their intake varies by 500 calories on any given day. The only times I have suceeded in diets was when I read the labels and added up calories and fat grams religously.

Fat is Fat, so if you are dieting and blow it, your belly doesn't know Pizza from a 5 star restraunt, so you might as well go out in style. Bad fat is bad fat, 50 grams of cheap pizza fat-is completly equal to 50 grams of high priced Lobster and butter.

The concept of taxing these things is ludicaras, as the taxes will only end up fixing potholes in road, or fixing toilets in a government building someplace and never reach the intended goal of helping anyone.
greeney2

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts