The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

is laughter really the best medicine?..literally

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:12 pm

This is something I've noticed through the course of my life,and I'm sure you all have to..(maybe not aliens)

but when I 've laughed really good and hard ,or even chuckled...its a good feeling right?

I can feel the medicine of that sort of heal my body..in the literal sense of the physical good it does. I can feel ...I love laughing

but then again I guess it what you find funny, but yet..I think the "chemistry" of it is way more important than we realize .
I've had jobs where things got srtessfull ,or sad, cause its not fun to see old people dying,going through painful body symptoms, when you work in envirements dealing with pain,
maybe in more of a capacity than other jobs (hopefully you understand what I mean)
but you can come homes after work with such stress that you feel in your body,pain ,whether its seeing how others have to get through it, or it you carrying your own,
can be physically hard on the body
I think crying can help at times, just to let it out(just in some cases)

but laughter, true joyful laughter, it has to be catoragized as a medicine somewhere ,for what it does to the body, its one of the best drugs I know (smiles) whats this drug called?
sheye

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok..another post..on topic, and considering the olympics are on,
I want to share one of the best times I had laughing,and its goofy, but it was so much fun
guess you hadda be there as ,they say 8-) :lol:

we were watching the olympics,or a bit of them together as a family once
when the kids were smaller
we decided to make our own traditional olympic sport,as s family
I had some of those big fuzzy slippers..the kind you slip on and off

it was during commercials ,and we were bored I think

how else would you think of stuff like this?? :?
anyhow we had a slipper jumping competetion, who could jump the farthest into the fuzzy slippers
we howled with laughter, every commercial, and was one of the best "olympic memories I have"
we need to do it again sometime, lol..it was so funny

you hadda be there..I guess :lol: :lol:
I heard bill gates has olympic games at his house with his family..I wonder if he would like to use my idea ,as an olympic challenge,
then again maybe I should "sell" it to him,
then again maybe if I tried to do that , he'd just try and steal it(srhugs)

Ya neva know these dayz ;)
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I think it is the best cure for depresion and anxiety...atleast for a perioid of time...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 pm

I think it is the best cure for depresion and anxiety...atleast for a perioid of time...

you're right dark, for a period of time..that balance..whats funny to some can be misconstrued and cause hurt for others as well

I need to look up the chemicals laughter releases, cause I know it heals.

I can physically feel the difference in my body...I think its my new favorite legal drug....whatever it does....
sheye

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:20 am

Laughter does not require some purpose to begin laughing.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby sheye » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am

once had this book I used to read to my kids
I probably liked it better than they did :lol:

It was about a monster who was stuck in the basement of a families house..big and blue,fuzzy,,not so scary looking

but he would describe the laughter he heard,as the
sound of "happy noise"... was great book :)
sheye

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts