The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Modern Relationships and Social Issues

How do you deal with a friends husband coming on to you?

Let's face it - we all have them. Come on in to offer advice, or maybe get some advice.

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 pm

I realize this can be a problem for men as well..if their friends wife tries to hit up on them.

I've had a few situations like this over the course of my life and I'm sure some of you have as well. I've usually tried to deal with it in a subtle but kind way,considering both of them were friends,but this hasn't always worked. Getting angry can help but it sometimes backfires, and creates any enemy out of the husband who then sabatoges the friendship I have with the wife.

Are you being a good friend if you tell the wife the truth about her husbands behaviour,or is best to leave it alone? Its very difficult to tell a friend that you care about that their spouse is a lying cheating dog, and would it really help?

I've already lost one friendship over this type of situation,and was wondering if anyone has some advice they can give me.(these are not just flirtatous overtures either)

I've also experienced meeting new people at a party or gathering,and men who I don't know being overly friendly and making comments that could be taken as overtures. I don't ask for this ,but somehow (at times..not always) the women seem to blame me. Even had this problem with an uncle.

I know some of you have gone through this and would appreciate any feedback on this . I'm sure it has put some men in awkward situations as well as women, so please...either gender feel free to let me know how you deal with this tricky situation.

I had to edit this post because i missed a word,and the sentence made no sense..sorry ..I really need to proof read better :(
Last edited by sheye on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 pm

With so many experiences, maybe you are telegraphing a mixed message. :lol:
greeney2

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:51 pm

With so many experiences, maybe you are telegraphing a mixed message.

Coming from you that doesn't surprise me greeney :lol:

What would a mixed message be?

Do I need to be a total bitch so some creep doesn't hit on me?

Is this your advice?

I've tried gentle hints that didn't work,to actually telling them to **** off or I would tell their wife. Then I get retaliation in the form of lies.

Tell me what would would you do if one of your friends wives came onto you? (wondering how honest you'll be with that question)
sheye

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I've seen this happen to other woman as well greeney..nothing they have done to provoke or send any kind of signal ,except just at a party and laughing and having fun. One of these types of "husbands" will then make a very inapropriate comment and start getting a little too close,and I can feel the woman literally cringing,and not knowing how to handle the situation. Its really quite sad.

I also didn't ask for the genetics of big boobs,and unfortuneatly thats a target for these kind of creeps.
sheye

Postby _Billy_ » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Tell me what would would you do if one of your friends wives came onto you?

I would nail her.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby sheye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:51 pm

I would nail her.

I'm not sure what you mean by nail her billy?
I don't want to assume that means you'd have sex with her..but if it does
.....does that mean that if one of your friends came onto your wife you'd be ok with having her let him nail her as well?

After all whats good for the goose should be good for the gander

Now if nailing her means giving her a good punch...I could understand you wanting to do that..and maybe thats exactly what she needs,although that seems a little extreme.

Just not sure what you mean by nail her...would appreciate you explaining that to me.

Thanks for the reply by the way.
sheye

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:44 am

Nail only really has one meaning in this sort of conversation.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby sheye » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 am

Nail only really has one meaning in this sort of conversation.

So my assumption that it meant he would have sex with her is correct then?

I honestly don't know what he meant wing.....and I'm still not sure.

I've heard that word used in the context of someone hitting someone more than I have heard it in reference to having sex.

If it does mean sex....I could assume that Billy would be ok with his wife doing the same in the opposite situation.
Last edited by sheye on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheye

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 am

You have come to the wrong person for advise on that subject. Thankfully in 37 years, I have not had a single situation at all to tell about, and to my knowledge neither has Mrs G2. I have no doubt it happens just like you said, but we are pretty old fashioned when it come to that kind of thing. We have spent our married life centered with family things, and are close friends are also family oriented, where that kind of thing just in nonexsistant. Pretty boring people I guess, and thats the way we like it.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 am

Billy is pulling our leg. Can you imagine he would punch someones wife and having to tell her Husband why? :lol:
greeney2

Next

Return to Modern Relationships and Social Issues

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts