The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

HELLO - FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD - BARROW ALASKA

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby 3d4me2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 am

This is NOT a photograph - This was created in 3D Studio Max using simple shapes !

We own this fine camera in real life. Here is what it has recently captured !

This is a photograph of High in the Arctic - Eskimo ! Polar bear watch !! Midnight in the Arctic.

Many miles out on the frozen ocean ice pack - hunting for the mighty bowhead whale !! It is more than 30 below zero out here, At times it can reach 50 below or colder with harsh winds.

That animal in the water is an Ugruk (oog rook) A bearded seal, it is larger than a snowmachine (snowmobile).

Hunting for food is our normal way of life. As Sarah Palin put it: We eat, therefore we hunt.

Believe it or not, we have to cut a trail - make a smooth road- by hand-using a pick or axe and chop this trial by hand for seven miles. This took one months time and no one gets any pay and no one complains

3d4me2

Postby 3d4me2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:28 am

come along - for the most fantastic journey you ever could imagine !! You will witness people cutting this trail - one months work in temps often reaching 50 below or colder, you will see the difference in clothing and the incredible amount of work involved - JUST TO EAT !!!

This road, must be smooth, we have lots of equipment to haul out here to live. You will not believe this, unless you see it. In case that wind shifts - and we have to pack everythng up and scram as fast as possible because advancing ice can run right over everything and crush everything in its path.

When 20 foot ice ridges are in our way, we do not go around them - we chop right through them no matter how much work is involved. Thick ice is much safer ice than ice with no pressure ridges. WATCH & LEARN the Eskimo way !! Happy happy people !!

The only reward.. .. you get to eat !! Tavra (that's all).

Look: what a huge vast area to work with no protection what so ever. 12 - 14 hours per day for one month. Each crew (38) must cut their own trail. These photos illustrate ONE crew and the massive amount of work they accomplished.

3d4me2

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Is this our old friend and I know I am misspelling the old name "malick" (???) who provided us with such unbelievable pictures of Alaska? If its you, welcome back!
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:14 pm

I think it is. I remember the name of his blog, blog of ice, and I remember some of the pictures. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby sandra » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Beautiful pictures, welcome to the blackvault, or welcome back should I say?
First I thought this was a camera advertisement...when I seen the first picture. :shock: You live in Alaska all year? Fascinating. :D
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 am

If its the same person as I think, he gave us some really beautiful pictures of Alaska.
greeney2

Postby 3d4me2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 am

3D4ME2 is my nick' 3D Studio Max is my favorite program to play with and create !!

My sons name(s) are our buisness name:

These photographs are all new, from the 2009 whale hunt in Barrow Alaska.

Fall whale hunt(s) of 2008 & 09 also upcoming for your enjoyment !! and of course I got lots more new unbelieveable stories that are difficult to believe - but I assure you they are all true. Easily verifiable by anyone in these villages.
3d4me2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 am

Majik, I knew is didn't spell your name right, but now I know its you and you came back. Your picutres were always spectacular to see, keep them coming for us. Welcome back.
greeney2

Postby sandra » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:36 am

your avatar is awesome!!!!! :mrgreen: :geek:
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby 3d4me2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:43 am

Tis very nice to be back Greeny2. I have been watching you guys on the history channel. Extremely impressive to say the least !! Hey I know them !! wow !!

Yes I have all new type photographs of life out on the ocean ice pack. Day by Day cutting a trail though the ocean ice to get to the lead opening 7 miles out. Quite an immense amount of work to say the least. Temps often exceeding 40 below zero with 30 mph winds.

The photos tell the story much better than words could ever describe !

We have to chop right through this massive pressure ridge. We do not go around obstacles, we go right through them !

3d4me2

Next

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts