The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

13 more things that don't make sense

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby BornAquarius » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

Strive as we might to make sense of the world, there are mysteries that still confound us.

Michael Brooks presents thirteen of the most perplexing. Cracking any one of them could yield profound truths.

http://www.newscientist.com/special/13-more-things

Example:
Axis of Evil
Radiation left from the big bang is still glowing in the sky – in a mysterious and controversial pattern
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Postby Aquatank » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I'd make a guess at number ten, it may sound silly but I'd guess the reason high energy waves take more time is because they create higher bow pressures that slow them down, while lower energy has creates less pressure. Just because a particle is nearly mass-less doesn't mean they don't have traffic jams.
Aquatank

Postby jdchaser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 pm

I think number 7 was an explosion of some sort
Why are you hiding the truth from me when I can see it in plain sight? The only thing this proves is how blind you really are.
jdchaser

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts