The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

We have lost a Blackvault Member.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm not quite sure where to start, except to say this Internet is the tool that brings lives togather, around the world. One Friendship was between Starman, and a person from Russia named Irina. Irina told me they had become friends on the internet, on sites other than the Blackvault. He said Starman loved posting on the Blackvault, but that Irina never did, becasue he worried about his poor English, but followed much of the message board just looking in.

Irina wrote again and informed me before the name of Starman, he post under the name of eyewheel.

Item 7 and I have both separatly recieved a PM from Irina who lives in Russia, over the past few days. He registered on the Blackvault only for the purpose to PM us, and notify us Starman had passed away. Irina told us both, that on Aug 2nd Starman went to his Doctor, complaining of neck and sholder pain, and that on the 6th he recieved his last email from Starman and wondered why his friend had not contacted him. Starmans last BV posts were during those days. On the 12th Starmans x-wife, posted on Twitter that Starman had passed away. Starman lived in North Carolina alone, and was 61 years old. Starmans real first name was Burt. Irina was saddened to have lost a friend, even though they had never met face to face, they were good friends.

Item 7 and I have PMed and talked about what we both were told by Irina, and that I encouraged Irina to post this about Starman. Being reluctant about his English he didn't post it, Item 7 and I both agreed the board would want to know the reason for his absence. Also wanted to be sure the news I recieved was accuate, and sadly sounds like it was.

We never know with a secret identity, many things about each other, including gender, age, stage in life, illness or afflictions. We are no more than faceless opinions of various subjects on a message board. Until something like this occurs.

We find people around the world and suddenly 2 strangers become good friends like Starman and Irina. I grew up during the cold war, where nobody contacted anyone behind the "Iron Curtain". Just today, I talked freely to that friend in Russia who brings news about Starman. The internet has replaced the days of any government telling its people, who can and can not be friends. The people are now bypassing governments in bringing the world togather with friendships.

The News of Starman is very sad, but how this News came to us is wonderful. The fact Starman could make a good friend in Russia, and now that Friend in Russia touched all of us with that friendship, was unherd of when I was a kid. Starman and I were the same age as I just learned. Someone who I conflicted with on some opinions, he came from my generation who grew up in the same times. Sadly we will never know how much we had in common, which is one of the prices we pay for secret identities.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Starman and his family, no matter what differences occured on the message board.
Last edited by greeney2 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeney2

Postby fortwynt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Our starman is truly now "on the edge of forever", now knowing the answers to many of the things we who remain endlessly debate, converse, and wonder about.

While we may not have always agreed, he will be missed.
fortwynt

Postby Lashmar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 am

Enjoy the edge of forever my friend. :(

We find people around the world and suddenly 2 strangers become good friends like Starman and Irina. I grew up during the cold war, where nobody contacted anyone behind the "Iron Curtain". Just today, I talked freely to that friend in Russia who brings news about Starman. The internet has replaced the days of any government telling its people, who can and can not be friends. The people are now bypassing governments in bringing the world togather with friendships.

The News of Starman is very sad, but how this News came to us is wonderful. The fact Starman could make a good friend in Russia, and now that Friend in Russia touched all of us with that friendship, was unherd of when I was a kid. Starman and I were the same age as I just learned. Someone who I conflicted with on some opinions, he came from my generation who grew up in the same times. Sadly we will never know how much we had in common, which is one of the prices we pay for secret identities.

Very well said G2. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby event_horizon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:33 am

This truly sucks man. This is freakin' messed up. I'm going to miss this guy greatly. One of the greatest posters to ever grace the religion forum. Very down to Earth guy while at same time able to view Earth from space, instead of space from Earth...a rare breed.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

R.I.P.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby mrshumphreys » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:31 pm

That's sad. He seemed like a nice guy.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:17 pm

He was a nice guy. Farewell, Starman. Blaze trails in the cosmos for us.
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Nesaie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks Greeney for letting us know. I always enjoyed his posts. They were always thought provoking. I'm glad we all had the opportunity to read his questions/insights on philosophy and religion. I didn't often respond to his posts...they made me think too much. ;)

Maybe when John finally gets a chance to archive the old site we can bump some of his old topics? I think that would be a great legacy. One is never dead when One is remembered. 8-)

Oh, and hi Irina! :D Don't worry about your English, most native English speakers have problems with it too. ;)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Well said greeney. Toast to our fellow searcher Starman; maybe you know all answers now.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby soulvictoria » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 pm

My condolences to family and friends.

Have a good ride Starman!! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
soulvictoria

Postby inja » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

That was nicely said greeney.

I wasn't on the same page as starman but I have to admit that I always found his posts to be thought provoking. I am sorry to hear he has left us but hope he looking down from the stars with a smile on his face.

Thanks for letting us know greeney.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts