The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Jimmy Carter leaves Baptists, in favor of equality for women

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Questioner101 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/losing ... ml?page=-1

Women are treated badly by various religions, including his own....brave man.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby cormac » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 am

Questioner101 wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html?page=-1

Women are treated badly by various religions, including his own....brave man.

well, i agree with his leaving the church on those grounds (esp the baptist church -- they treat women like serfs) but he would have been much braver had he done it years ago, like when he was running for office, since the baptist church has been treating women the same ever since it's invention
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:37 am

80 something years old, and President of the USA, and it finally sunk in, but only about woman? Where has he been not noticing they are probably the biggest judgmental religion about everyone else? Jimmy only thinks he has gone from worst President to 2nd worst, imagining Bush replaced him. Jimmy is still the worst. He is a very nice man(or is he if his wife put up with the Babtists), done a lot of good building homes for people, but failed as President.
greeney2

Postby Questioner101 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am

Jimmy was at least honest about his UFO experiences though.
Questioner101

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:06 am

Thats true I forgot about that. I do think Jimmy is probably about as nice of a person as anyone could meet. Which is probably why he didn't do that well as President.
greeney2

Postby cormac » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Questioner101 wrote:Jimmy was at least honest about his UFO experiences though.

and also about the giant killer bunny experiences :) and his lustful experiences ... actually, he was pretty honest all around ... too damn honest to be president i'm afraid :P lol

wait, that isn't funny :P
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby greeney2 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Kind of interresting, if his beliefs in God and Baptist religion aren't accepted, why would you accept his story about UFO's?

A Christian Fundementist speaks about God, he is labeled a nutjob to any definition on this message board, expecially if he is President of the United States, but if he admits to a UFO, he is credible?
greeney2

Postby Questioner101 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am

Christian fundamentalists always seem to cram their agenda down everyone else's throat, if they would just leave people alone to make their own choices....(like Jesus originally taught them to do.) He traveled about, but gave his talks on mountain tops or wilderness places...not in the center of the town square, screaming scripture, or banging on people's homes....if asked, he healed....he didn't push it on anyone....if they sought him out....he would share. He gently encouraged, not shoving Moses' teachings in people's faces.

Leave people alone....they're smart enough to make wise decisions....all the jumping up and down for attention, just makes folks run the other way. (Jesus even told people to pray in their closets, and not be outlandish in their worship....wish people would take a page from his teaching way.)
Questioner101

Postby qmark » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Questioner101 wrote:Christian fundamentalists always seem to cram their agenda down everyone else's throat, if they would just leave people alone to make their own choices....(like Jesus originally taught them to do.)

Really? Do you have a book and verse to back that up? You are right that we should pray in secret, but that is not the same thing.
qmark

Postby bionic » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 am

I LOVE Jimmy (and Roselyn) Carter.
he has been one of my heros since I was a kid in the seventies.
I was so young and naive back then.
I remember, in sixth grade, having my mind blown away that Reagan won over him for president. (talk about killing the messenger)
Ah..the innocence of a hopeful child's mind.
The seed of (my now, full in bloom)cynicism might have been planted in me that day, looking back.
hmm
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts