The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Immortality (Not far away)

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby greywolfe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I still hear people using the phrase "for our children's children". If you take a child of today to be expected to live to around 2085, just what is that child going to die of I wonder. Heart disease will be illiminated by then as will all arterial diseases. Also stem cell applications will have by then stopped all ageing and will be capable of regenerating an 80 year old's body to function and appear as if that person were in their 20's. Even if I'm being over optimistic with an 80 year wait until such science is wide-spread - it will surely be common place during the next 80 years after that.
When confronted with keeping old people alive, many folk imagine some decrepid old carcas clinging o to life with a life support system. The reality is that science will solve the ageing process and will be able to revearse it. In years to come (i.e less than 100 years )- people will not die and will never get sick or age. This is an un-stop able truth and is so very exciting it warrants a daily news flash on our "Immortality status".
The next words I generally hear with this argumant is that the weight of the worlds population would collapse its infra-structure. Its as if people even now are un-aware of the infinite amount of beautiful virgin planets awaiting mankind in the cosmos. Then they say , "but it would take us 400 years to reach the nearest star". Can't they see that faster than light travel is also inevitable as are worm holes to the other side of the universe. God ! what's the matter with these people.
Then they say "I don't want to live forever". .......Well I do - and even if I don't make it at least I'm sure that very soon many of us will. What do youn think ?
greywolfe

Postby Shuggah » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 am

If dodging the bullet of death... then we'd be dodging the bullet of life. The whole reason why we are here is to experiance things, and death is just one of them. Death IS apart of life.

We were born to die -- and theres a reason to it, and I might not know the answer. But I'm sure no one wants to play 'god' only to find out the consequences.. Time is a gift, life and death is a gift, take it with grace. "Time is such a gift that it is given to you at each second"

Physical death is nothing, we truely are energy, and energy never dies - we merely transform.

It is foolish, and childish to mess around with something we do not fully understand. "We" being humans. And honestly.. we already do that. And look at us now. Ill-infested, we barely look after this planet as is.. why do we want to screw up more?
Shuggah

Postby CodeBlack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Man, that's some old world thinking there. I'll take every second I can get.

"My spirit shall not always strive with man, for he shall live but an hundred and twenty years." -The Big Man

Just thought I'd throw that in. So far its been accurate. If we find a way to live much beyond 120 then we will likely no longer be human. The 120 year lifespan is built into our genes. The faster than light travel will be easier than the immortality.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 am

Even if humans achieve immortality it doesn´t matter, it doesn´t help one bit.
You can still kill them as easy as today :lol: :roll:

I want to be invinsible... :twisted:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 pm

just what is that child going to die of I wonder.

Biological degradation.

Unless we find a way to allow our bodies to replenish itself regardless of age we will not be immortal. And personally, I can't see that happening in the near future, but maybe,.

And like Saturos pointed out, immortality doesn't mean that you won't be able to be killed.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts