The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby CodeBlack » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Betelgeuse Blows?
If it goes, I wonder if the Earth will be threatened?
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Aquatank » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Aquatank

Postby Percival » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am

Very interesting :shock: To see an event like this in our lifetime would be amazing. But then again it might be centuries before it goes off. The night sky seems so permanent it would be hard to imagine winter nights without Betelgeuse and Orion's familiar shape.
Percival

Postby Lashmar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:53 am

Percival wrote:Very interesting :shock: To see an event like this in our lifetime would be amazing. But then again it might be centuries before it goes off. The night sky seems so permanent it would be hard to imagine winter nights without Betelgeuse and Orion's familiar shape.

That’s got to be one of the best posts I’ve seen on here. Well said.

I have an interest in the stars and things like that. The only time I get to think clearly is when I’m looking at the stars. I don’t know why but form the half hour that you spend looking at them every thing bad that happened that day just seems to go away as if it never happened. :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby CodeBlack » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 am

Imagine living closer to this region of space. Your sky might be filled with remnants of an exploded star. You might never see a black sky. That could happen here if we were close enough to a super nova.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Percival » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:26 am

It was reported that if it goes supernova, it will remain brighter than the full moon for several months :o If it occurred in late autumn or early winter (northern hemisphere) then the world might not have much darkness for half a year. I wonder what effects that might have?
Percival

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 am

Probably a sharp decrease in sleep.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts