The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Anti Gravity?

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby Shuggah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Well, I've been looking around on a number of sites about antigravity;

How UFO's could be working,
How the Egyptians moved massive stones,
And Ed Leedskalnin who created the coral castle.

The only thing that so far stands out to me is the whole magnetism idea,

"north pole" "South Pole" "equator"

If you got any leads or tips, please do give em ;D

I feel like I have the answers there in my skull, but it just isn't coming out conciously :/
Shuggah

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:40 pm

I don't think there is any evidence to suggest magnetism effects gravity... Could be wrong. Physics isn't my forte.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 am

Gravity is caused by the earth spinning (17,500 MPH I think) so on and on.

If you were able to get magnetism to work for you, you might be able to beat gravity.

Over simplistic but it still stands:

Put two positive magnets together and they’re push. Off set them slightly but join the together (with a tooth-pick or something) put it on a ball and round it goes.

Tweak is slightly then put some cleaver people behind it and off you go. 8-) :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:41 am

Gravity is caused not my motion, but by mass.

You're talking about intertia and centrifugal force. They are both brought on by velocity, and centrifugal motion specifically is brought on my motion in a rotary manor. Such as orbiting, or when you're on a swing. You know when you get too high and when you stop and start going down and the chain jerks. That's because centrifugal force was no longer sufficient to keep you as far away from the centre of the swing as the chain would allow.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:01 am

Point still stands.

You could fake Gravity by using centrifugal force I recon.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

Yep. You most certainly could, on a spacecraft. As in you could have artifical gravity hold you to the floor of your craft if it was spinning. BUT, this isn't useful for a propulsion system.
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:22 am

The magnet idea doesn't work if they are connected unfortunately... It seems like it should upon first thought, but it doesn't.

Try it on your table. notice how when you hold on to one and not the other you can push the other around, but once you physically connect them there is no pushing each other around.
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 am

Are you one of the brightest minds in the world? I’m not even one of the brightest on my hill (out of…seven people) so I’m not going to get into the heavy sh*t. If you get some smart people on it, tweak it and spend lots of money on it, it will work. ;) :lol: :lol:

It sound’s like something NASA would be interested in. Spending millions on trying to get a magnet to go around by itself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:33 am

Ionic thrusters work on a very similar principle, using magnetism to propel ions very quickly and producing thrust.

Solid magnets won't work though.
HOWEVER! NASA is trying to use a Magnetic network to manipulate the position of satellites relative to themselves to fix the current problem of satellites eventually losing their ability to sustain their own orbits when their fuel runs out. So they can be usefull, just not for mangetism.

I think a fusion reaction with electromagnetic fields to direct plasma is the best bet we have currently, but that's my relatively uninformed opinion.
Tairaa

Postby KingAtlas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Hey magnets do create some kind of resitance towards gravity. The Boyd Bushman. He Created an effect where two powerful magnets maybe the size of your hand spread out, cause a increase in time of drop. Look up his video( the interviewer was David sereta). if you cant find it, I can send it to you.
KingAtlas

Next

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts